Comments You Will Not Hear at the 6-22-03 WT Study

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yxl1
    yxl1

That was a great post blondie.

I recall a sister in our congregation had all her social security stopped. Her husband, who had left home, was now sleeping in her garden shed. Someone told the local authorities that he was still living with her, so all her benefits were stopped. The following month,at the end of the theocratic ministry school, an Elder announced that there was "someone" who was having serious finanical problems needed the assistance of the congregation. The sisters collected food parcels from the families in the congregation and gave them to the sister in need. I was friends with the sisters eldest son, and he showed me the food that the congregation had given....

catfood, dogfood, out of date tins, packets and packets of flour, and powered milk.

Probably enough to feed one person for a few days.(If you like petfood) This sister had no pets(!) and four children. There were no more food parcels and no more announcments for help. The sister then had to get a few low paid cleaning jobs to make ends meet while her two youngest were taken into care. We didnt see much of her after that. I wonder if the Elders ever checked up on her?

Christian Love? Dont make me laugh.

• freein89
    freein89

That is the biggest steaming coil I have ever seen, If they are so loving why do they have to tell their people to be loving. It would be like announcing you are popular, Hey everybody!!!! I'm popular, though I'd mention it in case you can't tell that you like me. Or, I am beautiful, had to mention it cuz you really can't tell I'm beautiful, so I always have to mention it and by the way I'm really nice too.

• rocketman
    rocketman

freein89, you make a very good point. It's always amazed me how often a bunch of so-called righteous people have to be constantly reminded of their need to show love. I honestly believe that being in that religion actually makes people less able to function without constant reminders. They become so accustomed to being shown and told what to do that they seem to lose their natural ability to just do it.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

gopher and blondie..I agree of course about what you have said. It is the villifying and generalizations of people that disturbed me. It is also true that the emphasis tward proselytizing at the expence of practical assistance has in part numbed the average JW tward the needs of others. Those who leave the org. show their true natures by what they do without the direction of the WT. Many are no more giving of themselves then when JWs, some are very active in humanitarian works, most are average Joes and Jills who do what is expected of them and no more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit