Which Spiritual belief system or non belief system is right for you?

by Giordano 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Objectivist? I am not sure what that means.

I agree the questions were poorly worded. I don't think my spiritual beliefs can be distilled into a one word description.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Apparently I`m an Objectivist 100%

smiddy

• kaik
    kaik
    Transhumanist
  • kaik
    kaik

I have no idea what an Iconoclast is.

It was a religious reform movement in Greek Orthodox Church in 8th and 8th century dedicated to destroy religious representation of Deity. It was probably influenced by Islam and had profound influence on splitting Greek church from Roman Catholicism. In this movement, any religious images were strictly forbidden. I would say in your case, this mean a movement that is attempting to destroy any religious representation, belief, notion, or opinion, often under violent means as did Greeks in the 8th century.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Agreed a few of the questions are awkward. Perhaps not as awkward as the Watchtower.

Maybe the results of the quiz mean our beliefs or lack there of don't fit readily into formal categories. That we are far more complex then their labels.

I am not compelled to believe in the theology of the JW's any longer which I now consider weak as well as ignorant.........For my own part I never warmed to the WTBTS but warmed to the friends. Of course this was a time in the late1950's and early 1960's when we didn't have the severe level of judgmental and 'proper' worship that current JW's endure.

So when we take a quiz like this our results can be all over the place because many of us are also all over the place. Perhaps that's because we carry more baggage......... however we grow in knowledge every day........... we look at everything and sometimes we reject a premise or a fact but later come to understand it differently. We learn to embrace the capacity to change our minds.

If we were wrong time and again how secure are we that we are right now? I am about 75% to 80% sure I have a better grasp on the Real now then I did as a witness but I am cautious about thinking I am totally right.

The Quiz with all of it's faults is interesting because it asks us to select that which is closest to what we believe now. If a Newbie takes this quiz on their arrival at this site and then takes it 6 months or a year later would we be surprised if there was remarkable changes when it came to their beliefs?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

There are "non-belief" systems?

What will they think of next? :wink:

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Well I don't know how accurate are my results, I did not use the slider at all, so every question or answer carried the same "weight". But I got:

Unitarian Universalist - 100%

Secular Humanist - 94%

Jehovahs Witness - 0% - YAY!!!

Now I have to see what the heck a "Unitarian universalist" is! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit