Is a Lie a lie

by haujobbz 7 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Acording to the bible its not.

Rahab lied but that wasnt bad i suppose, the devil was a liar and i suppose that was bad.

Should i lie.

• unique1
    unique1

Hey, I say go for it. But then again, I was raised a witness, all witnesses kids become excellent liars at an early age, so we can actually do a few things.

• heathen
    heathen

I lie all the time , In bed that is. when I'm sleeping . bwaahahhahahahahaha

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The Bible is full of liars. Jehovah himself is one big-ass liar. Consider some examples:

1 Kings 22:20-23: God lies - he will send a deceptive spirit to mislead Ahaz.

John 7:8-10: Jesus lies - he says that he will not go up to the feast, and then he does in private.

Jeremiah 38:24-38: Jeremiah lies

Jer 20:7 - God decieves his own prophets

Ez 14:9 - God says that he decieves his prophets to get rid of them

Genesis 27:14: Jacob lies, saying he is Esau.

Abraham lied. He said that Sarah was his sister. Pharoah ended up severely punished for beleiving him.

Isaac lied. He also said that Rebeccah was his sister.

1 Sam 21:1-6: David lies when he tells Ahimelech that he is not alone. He also lied when he told Ahimilech that he is on a secret mission from the king.

• JH
    JH

I don't encourage you to lie. Would you like it if your friends lied to you? Often it takes a second lie to cover the first lie so sooner or later you will be mixed up in your lies. You can lose the trust of people if they know you lie to them.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

just don't tell to much of the truth - more easy then to lie over something.
    People are allways filling in the gaps as they want it
    CW

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

I think a lie is only a lie if the information is something the other person has a right to.

For instance, if I borrowed my friend's book without asking and she asked me if I took it--and I denied it--it would be a lie.

HOWEVER, if someone I knew asked me something personal that was none of their business, I would consider "lying" to them to just shut them up--and I wouldn't feel one bit guilty about it. Sometimes its easier to do that than to go into a big long discussion about why you don't really feel like discussing it. It is no big deal to me. Especially if the other person is a stranger or just an aquaintance.

Q.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    "In the spider-web of facts, many a truth is strangled."
    -Paul Eldridge

http://www.twainquotes.com/Lies.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit