Is Disfellowshipping properly legislated?

by Rattigan350 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Letter was only to Corinthians not all Christians."

Exactly !!! when Paul wrote to the Corinthians, only a few groups of his followers existed, the so-called "Governing Body", which it wasn't, no such thing existed in the 1st Century, but the Elders in the Jerusalem church were probably unaware of these Epistles for years.

The Org. also use verses from the Letters of John, for the D.F policy, but take these out of Context, those verses are talking of Christians who deny that the pre-existent Jesus came in the flesh, the Writer calls them for this reason "the Antichrist".

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

When speaking to the Corinthians, Paul was appealing to their common sense and thinking ability, principles all Christians are expected to live by.

Paul did not tell the Corinthians to set up a "judicial committee" with three men in a "back room". He told the entire congregation to "think".

Jesus did something similar in the account at Matthew 12:11,12...

"He said to them: “If you have one sheep and that sheep falls into a pit on the Sabbath, is there a man among you who will not grab hold of it and lift it out? How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do a fine thing on the Sabbath.”"

Can you imagine Jesus at a KH, a person walks in and Jesus greets the person, but then an elder runs over and says "No, Jesus, don't greet that person, they're disfellowshipped and it hasn't been a year yet so we can't talk to them."

Jesus died for "that person" in the KH who everybody avoids like the plague because some committee of imperfect men unscripturally labeled "that person" as "disfellowshipped". Jesus would not shun "that person". It's the Pharisees who shunned people.

Jesus greeted people. He ate with people. Jesus died for "that person" who is labeled "disfellowshipped" in the KH that everybody ignores because the three-person-committee decided not to "reinstate" yet. Jesus' blood is enough for us to talk to the person.

Jesus does not approve of the disfellowshipping doctrine as it is currently practiced. The disfellowshipping doctrine is antichrist. Jesus hates it and he is going to tear it down when he gets here soon. All those Pharisee GB and any Pharisee elders will be completely exposed too. (2 Peter 3:10; Isaiah 28:17; Revelation 8:7)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Why is the Faithful Slave deleting shunning videos?

Could Russia and Norway be influencing?

https://youtu.be/hGPx0oui0GY

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"Why is the Faithful Slave deleting shunning videos? Could Russia and Norway be influencing?"

A. The "Faithful Slave" (aka GB) isn't faithful to Jesus.

B. The "Faithful Slave" (aka GB) isn't a slave to Jesus.

C. The "Faithful Slave" (aka GB) is faithful to someone/something other than Jesus.

D. The "Faithful Slave" (aka GB) is a slave to someone/something other than Jesus.

E. Jesus' words "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave" is actually just an illustration for all Christians about keeping on the watch.

F. All of the above.

If the GB/FDS were faithfully slaving for Jesus, then they would be shepherding the little sheep instead of driving them away.

"Is it, in fact, men I am now trying to persuade or God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still pleasing men, I would not be Christ’s slave." (Galatians 1:10)

The GB causes divisions by means of their disfellowshipping doctrine.

"Now I urge you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who create divisions and causes for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them. For men of that sort are slaves, not of our Lord Christ, but of their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattering speech they seduce the hearts of unsuspecting ones." (Romans 16:17,18)

The GB wants to be called "Faithful Slave" but Jesus said not to have such titles.

"But he said to them: “The kings of the nations lord it over them, and those having authority over them are called Benefactors. You, though, are not to be that way." (Luke 22:25,26)

"“Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?” Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good except one, God." (Mark 10:17,18)

"They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats in the synagogues and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi by men. But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ. But the greatest one among you must be your minister. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." (Matthew 23:6-12)

The GB fits the description of the disobedient Pharisees, about whom Jesus said "Woe!" because they are hypocrites, they prevent others from learning about God by means of their disregarding the more important things, they are full of disgusting things.

The GB/FDS are part of the apostate lawless ones spoken of at 2 Thessalonians 2:3,4...

"Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. He stands in opposition and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits down in the temple of God, publicly showing himself to be a god."

Here's a question: "When will the GB/FDS be deleted?"

"Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome to the Forum EasyPrompt!

Looks like you have an accurate bead on the Watchtower Slave.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

As far as the biblical account, I think people really should be looking at the exegesis of all Christian scripture, not just what is in the Bible.

The Bible as most people know it is a filtered version fitted to a particular branch of Christianity. Like the WTBTS has its own ‘translation’ that adds and removes certain components based on their own interpretation, the King James has the same ‘problem’.
    Beyond that, Peter denied Christ and was still forgiven, the Pauline letters recount a single incident which does not match general consensus in ANY other scripture. Jewish scripture even pre-Christianity (eg. Sirach which was ~150BC), already mentions forgiveness needs to be given BEFORE prayer can be accepted, which is also what Jesus said (leave your offering at the altar and go make peace or if you do not forgive, neither can the father) and both Pauline and others reflect the same sentiment.
    Hence 1 Cor cannot refer to excommunication or shunning from a church (the cutting off of salvation as the WTBTS teaches) because by doing so, the church would put itself as a mouthpiece of God, because only God can make a perfect judgment and only God can perfectly forgive. It talks about discipline, and still accepting that person as a brother (2 Thess 3:15). So if you need ‘the church’ to excommunicate (withdraw salvation) and ‘the church’ to reinstate (restore salvation or provide forgiveness), you are elevating the people in the church to be channeling the divine, which would imply, based on the exegesis of scripture, this is akin to spiritism in the WTBTS elder bodies.
  • EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

@Vanderhoven7 - Thank you for welcoming me!🙂

"To Get A Bead On (Someone or Something) - To aim at someone or something with the sights on..."

Imagine how much more so Jesus "has a bead on" those GB guys! His fiery eyes are focused on all those who misrepresent God, and at the appointed time he will remove those GB fakers from their earthly thrones.

"I turned to see who was speaking with me, and when I turned, I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands someone like a son of man, clothed in a garment that reached down to the feet and wearing a golden sash around his chest. Moreover, his head and his hair were white as white wool, as snow, and his eyes were like a fiery flame, and his feet were like fine copper when glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars, and out of his mouth a sharp, long, two-edged sword was protruding, and his countenance was like the sun when it shines at its brightest." (Revelation 1:12-16)

"And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder: “Come!” And I saw, and look! a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went out conquering and to complete his conquest." (Revelation 6:1,2)

Yikes, I wouldn't want to be in the GB's shoes! Jesus is coming, and he will legislate how his body the Christian congregation should be functioning instead of these naughty GB guys. That bogus disfellowshipping doctrine business will be removed. Just like Jannes and Jambres were eventually shown up to be frauds, so these GB guys will be completely exposed.

"Now in the way that Janʹnes and Jamʹbres opposed Moses, so these also go on opposing the truth. Such men are completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their folly will be very plain to all, as it was with those two men." (2 Timothy 3:8,9)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit