Get baptised or die!

by AverageJoe1 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

So it would seem that the WTS are going back to their old scare tactics again, going by this week’s Watchtower study.

loyal baptized ones will be preserved when the present wicked world meets its end. (Mark 13:10; Rev. 7:9, 10) This makes dedication and baptism very important. A person who needlessly delays getting baptized endangers his prospects for everlasting life.

This kind of reasoning by my family is what made me get baptised. I was scared out of my wits of getting killed by God at Armageddon. Read between the lines in that above quote. JWs DO believe that all non-witnesses will be destroyed at Armageddon. If you’re not a loyal and baptised Witness,, then you’re not going to make it! All through the article it stresses how you need to be a baptised JW (other Christian religions don’t count apparently) to be saved.

On a side note, I read the following quote and thought it could be used by those who want to leave the organisation legitimately...

Understandably, an individual could not make a valid dedication to God while engaging in any conduct that would exclude him from the Kingdom.

We already know that the GB won’t accept a plea of your baptism not being valid but here in this article it refers to the step before your baptism and it clearly states that God won’t have accepted your dedication if you were doing bad stuff when you made it. Therefore your baptism can hardly be valid either. If God won’t accept it then who are the GB to say otherwise?

Any thoughts?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So technicallly all someone has to do to claim their baptism is not valid is to confess to some kingdom excluding behavior during their pre-baptism vetting stage? And if your dedication is not valid then you can't be disfellowshipped...right? Do they even read their own crap?

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

My thoughts exactly @Sparrowdown!

• javierjiminy
    javierjiminy

They just keep doing the easy work for me. Will mention this to my family and others in my hall to try to wake them up a bit. Clearly this is a contradiction to what they have put up on their website:

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/who-saved/

The funny part is this line: "In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Maybe they are trying to scare baptism candidates into not leading a double life but it provides an escape clause to faders. But we know WT and the local elders are the gatekeepers and they can and do ignore what is written in their own publications. They are the ones that will decide if your baptism is valid or not. So not an out really.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They want to be able to hold the new (part of the overlappy) generation hostage with the threat of shunning!

Let's review: It's a Cult!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

AverageJoe1

Excellent find! Great quote to keep on hand.

Atlantis!

• Listener
    Listener

Yet they've previously said that only JWs as a group will be saved. Individual protection at Armageddon is no guaranteed.

• carla
    carla

Do you think they are doing that because baptism season is here and numbers have been down the past few years? I suppose that teens that have been holding out will have a harder time saying no than previous years where they might have been able to say they want to wait a bit?

• steve2
    steve2

Carla - my thoughts exactly. Summer conventions are approaching and numbers suggest baptisms have been lower than previous years - although last year, the numbers bounced back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit