How Many Feel That The Bible Is Not "Inspired" After All???

by minimus 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

JT,

****at this point all we got is a book written by some guys who wanted to test women to see if they have been giving away the "Coochie"

but as Lady "C" says where is the test that a woman could have done on her husband to see if he been giving away the "Snake"****

Still laughing at these..............tell me how those 'commands' of god are any different than any of the ritualistic (mostly sadistic) methods used during the 'inquisition' to ferret out the devil in miss molly?

Coochie and the Snake.......a good betime story.

Danny

• minimus
    minimus

Blueblades brought up this thread the other day and if you read his comments, he quote's Ray Franz' opinions on this subject....Interesting reading.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I do not think it is inspired by God...but by sexist men. If it was inspired by God, then why would be want such HORRIBLE things about 50% of the humans he created? This book is written by misogynist fools who wanted to control their "property". The Greek scriptures just followed suit in a somewhat less harsh tune...and what about the edited-out scriptures? Some had writings of an egalitarian view...of course THOSE were left out...do not want people to think women are deserving of as much respect that men get! *grrr*

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Personally I don't really care!!! May the thunder god strike me!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Personally I believe that the writers were inspired to write about something that they experienced. For some it was expressed in poetry, some in compiling a historical account, some recording a dream they had...

Abaddon:
    The question stands, since it is directed at people who once believed (and maybe still do believe) that the bible was "inspired of God and beneficial...".

Don't start imposing your own current belief structure on those who bother to take the time to ask such questions. Before you know it you'll be an Atheistic Fundamentalist (or is that Anti-theist, as someone recently proposed?).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit