Hunt For Missing Boeing

by searchfothetruth 46 Replies latest social current

• rem
    rem

What the hell does 9/11 have to do with the fact that NORAD can't track every single airplane flying in the world?

rem

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Berton,

It's not surprising that NORAD couldn't track a Boeing in Angola, they couldn't manage 4 going missing right there in the US, how could we expect them to spot one in Angola!

• dubla
    dubla

i ran across an earlier article on this subject that suggested the takeoff wasnt quite as suspicious as some of the articles make it sound.............

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A senior U.S. official confirms that the government of Angola has reported a missing Boeing 727 aircraft.

The plane apparently departed from Angola several days ago on a flight to Burkina Faso, in northwestern Africa, but it never made it to its destination, and its whereabouts are unknown, this official said.

The official said there is "no evidence or information to suggest this is terrorist-related," and suggested "it is most likely criminal." According to this official, the plane was leased, and the people involved were behind in their payments.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/05/29/angola.missing.plane/

im not sure why there are irregularities in the story, but i for one am very concerned about the possibility that the bush administration actually stole this plane, and is planning to crash it into a tall building in order to justify a new war against iran. scary stuff.

aa

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

So it seems that the Boeing that went missing was piloted by an American...and now he has disappeared, presumed dead.

Pilot Of Stolen Boeing
    Probably Killed Says Brother
    7-8-3

An American pilot who sparked a global terrorist alert when he disappeared in Africa with a fully-fuelled jetliner has probably been murdered, his brother said yesterday.
    In an exclusive interview with Scotland on Sunday, Joe Padilla spoke for the first time of his belief that his brother Ben was hijacked at the controls of the Boeing 727 at Luanda airport in Angola and killed after the plane took off without permission, vanishing without trace.
    Neither Ben Padilla, who comes from Miami, nor the plane have been seen since their disappearance on the evening of May 25, despite an extensive search across the continent by several African nations, the US State Department and the CIA.
    "I hate to say it, but my brother is probably deceased," said Joe Padilla from his home in Pensacola, Florida.
    "He would have been in touch with his family had he been able to. We desperately want to see him home again, but we are steeling ourselves for the worst."
    Padilla's mystery disappearance prompted fears that terrorists had taken the plane for a September 11-style suicide attack somewhere in Africa, particularly because the aircraft, a former American Airlines passenger jet, had been converted into a fuel carrier and had just been filled with 14,000 gallons.
    At first the family discounted terrorism, preferring to believe a theory that the plane might have crashed through mechanical failure because it had spent 14 months on the Tarmac in Luanda and had not been properly maintained.
    But Padilla says he has new information from the planeís owner, the president of an aircraft-leasing firm in Miami, which points instead to a hijacking. Ben, a 51-year-old freelance pilot who has flown cargo planes around the world for more than 20 years, was hired to organise the repossession of the plane from a company that failed to maintain lease payments.
    "Ben spent two-and-a-half months in Angola overseeing a full reworking of the plane so it was in tip-top condition," Padilla said. "On the day it disappeared, Ben was only taking the plane out to the end of the runway and back just to see how things were working. He wasn't licensed to fly a plane as big as that and the two pilots he was hiring weren't even on board, so that tells me right there it's been hijacked.
    "The plane took off without permission and failed to respond to the control tower, but we don't know what happened after that. We hope he was just captured, but I have to doubt he's still alive. I hope I'm wrong, but whoever took that plane probably killed him."
    Padilla also rejects a theory that Ben was part of a plot to steal the plane. "Two days before he disappeared, he paid $43,000 of the owner's money to the airport authorities to clear the bill for the plane having been there so long. If my brother had stolen the plane, he'd have taken the money also."
    American authorities believe the aircraft was more likely to have been taken for criminal purposes such as smuggling drugs or weapons rather than any terrorist activity, although the FBI will not reveal any details of their investigation.
    Whatever the truth of Benís disappearance, however, his family have been deeply affected. "We were all very close, and he used to call me wherever he was," said Padilla, who said his sister Benita and her baby son Johnathan were also missing him.
    "We got an e-mail to him a couple of months ago telling him our mother had had a heart attack and he promised to call as soon as he was able, but since then we've heard nothing.
    "But we've got to keep searching, even if he's dead. If he is, we want his body home."
    http://www.news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=735302003
  • dubla
    dubla

search-

So it seems that the Boeing that went missing was piloted by an American

you say this as if its a brand new piece of news.?. dont you read your own links? heres a clip from the very first article you posted on this thread (bold/italic mine):

There is also concern about a missing US pilot who had been sent to Angola by a plane-leasing company in Florida.

The US authorities are said to believe he was at the controls when it left Luanda.

The family of the man, Benjamin Padilla, have told ABC News they thought he may have been kidnapped.

hmmmm.......doesnt look like the newest article is exactly a revelation, but thanks for the update anyhow.

aa

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Dubla,

Yes I know that he was missing, but they didn't know for sure that he was the pilot.

Just thought i'd post the latest info on the story.

Mark

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Missing Boeing Airliners
    Turns Up In Guinea
    By James Astill in Freetown
    The Scotsman
    7-12-3

The mystery of a missing Boeing 727 cargo plane that caused panic in United States intelligence circles appears to have been solved. The aircraft, which vanished without trace from Angola's main airport, turned up last week in Guinea.
    The plane was feared to be in the hands of international terrorists. It was spotted late last month in Conakry, Guinea,s capital, by Bob Strother, a Canadian pilot.
    It had been re-sprayed and given the Guinean registration, 3XGOM. But, at least the last two letters of its former tail-number, N844AA, were still visible.
    The plane was being used to shuttle goods between Beirut and Conakry, according to Mr Strother.
    "There's no absolutely doubt it's the same aircraft. The old registration is clearly visible," said Mr Strother.
    "Whoever owns it must have some important friends, to get it re-registered in two days - going by the book, the whole process usually takes a couple of months."
    Western intelligence agencies were said to be scouring Africa's skies and runways for the missing plane, egged on by fears that it could easily be aimed at an American or British embassy in Africa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit