Stopping smoking - any suggestions?

by be wise 21 Replies latest jw friends

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

I quit smoking 6 years ago. What was the deciding factor, having ear and sinus infections and the Doc telling I may have to have tubes put into the roof of my mouth to the sinuses to drain. Found out from one of the ER Docs whats the process and sounded horrible to go thru. That was the deciding factor in quitting.

I went cold turkey. I did'nt have time to figure it out. And it was the best method for me. I was smoking 3 packs a day!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got involved with a 12 step Smoking group once a week for a couple of years. Which was one my saving grace!!

I did'nt worry about the weight. I packed some pounds. There came a time I did'nt have focus staying off cigs. And channel my energy to remove the access. Staying off cigs was my top priority.

Drank alot water and chewed gum. thats my devise now. I could probably pave the highway from Minneapolis to New York City with the gum I have chewed~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~. Ha!

chemicals is the cigs are powerful addiction. Went throught the same feelings as I did getting off of alcohol. I think the chemicals are worst. Plays the same mind games.

I get the desire every now and again to smoke for me its all related to feelings. When I get those feelings I stick a piece of gum in my mouth and minutes later its forgotten.

I had alot of support with friends, support groups and my work place and my girls.

Its true that cigs are nasty to get off from than heroin...

Be gentle with your self. You will get the support connecting here.

Keep us updated~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the Best, OCW

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Get yourself pregnant?....Sheesh! It worked for meeee!!!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit