The Attack on the USS Liberty

by seawolf 33 Replies latest social current

• Francois
    Francois

""Do I want to spend energy researching this or do I not? I don't know yet.""

This isn't the only hot issue a person could get involved in. There seem to be an awful lot of facts backing up the idea that the attack on the Liberty was no accident. There are people here arguing what would be my side using the same evidence I would use. Thus, someone - likely me - would be redundant.

I'm wondering old friend, if you have read Bamford's latest book Body of Secrets (or whatever the name of it is. I disremember.) Have you?

And given the amount of aid the US provides Isreal ever year, and given the number of Jews in this country who support every dollar of that aid, and who support every act of the Isreali government, and given the reality that the Jewish lobby in this country is, to say the least, powerful, and given Isreal's desire to see the long, green American dollar continuing to be shipped to them by the boatload, WILL YOU AGREE that these two governments, if they wanted to cover up a deliberate attack on the Liberty could certainly do so if they desired? You bet your bippie they could and they would. Don't you realize that in any sort of armed conflict the rank and file US serviceman is expendable? Even an entire boat load of them? And of course, truth is the first casualty of war.

And the more arguments like the present one, with a maximum of dust being kicked up by the possible, the probable, the near-lie, the almost believeable and on and on the better the two governments involved like it. Let the arguments go on until the dust is so thick that it will never settle? These two governments DON'T WANT THE TRUTH TO BE KNOWN. If it were, the American people would likely cause, um, "trouble".

So why get involved in an argument that has no end? Can't think of a reason.

And, once again, have you read Bamford's book? I really hope you don't say "no" as that would be a huge disappointment.

francois

P.S. The much balleyhooed History Channel program down here in South Georgia on the scheduled day and time did not air. I forget what it was, but it wasn't as advertised.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

No, I have not read this book...will give it a go....Right now, I am reading a couple of Vernon Howard works....very esoteric...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Here is a 45 minute program on the liberty attack. Many of the surviving soldiers are interviewed http://thewebfairy.com/liberty/liberty.rm

Right click on the link, then download it. Then use real player to listen to it.

SS

• seawolf
    seawolf

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_852.shtml

As of late, an impressive number of former American officials have gone on record insisting that the Israeli action was, in fact, deliberate. These include Adm. Thomas H. Moorer, who was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) at the time of the Liberty incident. He has labeled the episode a "cover-up," adding that he "cannot accept the claim by the Israelis that this was a case of mistaken identity."

Paul C. Warnke, then under-secretary of the Navy, has expressed his discontent, as well as former Secretary of State Dean Rusk and David G. Nes, who at the time served as deputy head of the American mission in Cairo, Egypt.

George C. Ball, then under-secretary of State, called the U.S. response to the assault an "elaborate charade. É American leaders did not have the courage to punish Israel for the blatant murder of its citizens," he said.

"They’re getting older and they are either retired or retiring and don’t want to go to their Maker with this lie on their conscience. I’m waiting on Robert MacNamara (former U.S. defense secretary) to be on his deathbed and give a confession," Mr. Meadors said regarding why these people were now coming forward.

"We thought it was pretty conclusive before, but now we have almost every senior official of the National Security Agency saying, ‘You’re right,’ and that really helps our case," Mr. Ennes said.

When asked by The Final Call whether he thought the case would ever receive a congressional forum, Mr. Ennes conceded that the possibility of that was grim.

"I don’t think it will go anywhere, because the Congress is too connected to the Israeli lobby to let anything happen. The only place where we will ever be heard and gain support is in the public," he said.

Francois,

I know what you mean about the Israeli lobby inside the US. It's probably why Sharon can get away with saying this: "I want to tell you something very clear, don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it." -- Ariel Sharon to Shimon Peres, October 3rd, 2001, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio.

I'll make a DIVX of the History Channel show for you if you want to download it and watch it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit