JW.org website and Matt 6:1-4

by NikL 10 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

Saw the news story on JW.org this morning about all the help they are sending to Congo after flooding there. Yay for them! Oh wait!

Matt 6:1-4 says...
    Take care not to practice your righteousness in front of men to be noticed by them;+ otherwise you will have no reward with your Father who is in the heavens. 2 So when you make gifts of mercy,* do not blow a trumpet ahead of you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 3 But you, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your gifts of mercy may be in secret. Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you.+

Shhhh.

• steve2
    steve2

JW organization - wherever and whenever it or those affiliated with it does good deeds, you can guarantee it will be trumpeted on JW.org.

By contrast, wherever and whenever it or those affiliated with it does bad deeds, you can guarantee it will not be mentioned on JW.org. For example, the findings of the Australian Royal Commission of Inquiry into the Watchtower's response to allegations of child sexual abuse.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The JW org have to blow their own trumpet since no one else will. But why give to the Congo? Why, it is their star performer in terms of publisher increase!

Not surprising they have a resonance with this country as it stands at the seventh from bottom in the league of backward countries, on the verge of civil war and therefore ideal new JW growth territory.

When things look hopeless the Watchtower is like clutching a straw to save a drowning man.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

The other religions of the world have been helping people for ages. But the difference with other religions is that they just don't help their own, they actually help others too.

But the JW's just do it for their own, at least about 98% of the time. For the churches, it's 50/50.

• smiddy
    smiddy

LTPF , I think the churches of christendom would more likely be of help to 75% if not more people that are in need , many of which would not even practice any brand of religion.

And JW`s only help those they consider worthy ,only those who are in good standing within the congregation and who have proved themselves by hours in service or by position in the organization .

And even then its minimal .

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I believe the "Good Samaritan" was known for helping out someone of a

DIFFERENT religion!

Isn't there a scripture that says something to the effect "you who are

teaching others do you not teach yourselves?"

I think there should be JCs set up for those who don't follow such basic

Scriptural teachings

:0)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Why would the witnesses even bother helping any "worldly" people in times of such natural disasters? After all, they are all destined to be destroyed at the big A anyway right?

Plus, isn't it better that people die in natural disasters? After all, then they are guaranteed a "resurrection" right?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good point tepidpoultry! Yes, the Samaritan was actually an APOSTATE , and yet HE helped the Jew..... (not the other way around)

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

If they just had in the Christian life workbook a few months ago, that's it's ok to pray for others, why would they help others. A while back I told 2 of the friends that I prayed for my friends ....they said oh no, we can't pray for others that are not witnesses or a study....Wow, .....any way fast forward...one Wednesday at our midweek meeting one of the questions was does God want us to pray for others...don't you know they sited one of the scriptures that say you should pray for others....It was a personal win for me....& I know those 2 friends just had to suck it up....

They won't help anyone unless they are told or seen...that just goes to show you the basic mindset of a JW. If you are told to be nice and help others ....basically you are just not a nice person or wasn't taught from home. JW's are narrow minded...or pretend to be narrow minded, I say that because some of them know a lot of un JW things but won't let on because you know they ain't who they say they are.

Every WT is about the fruitage of the spirit...love, forgiveness, patience, humility, etc...why, because they are recruiting folks who came from a background where non of these ways were ever taught nor shown in their homes. Even those that are born in they have a lack of love...when they show it...it's a put on or should I say a show...it's really sad to see...I came from a nice home...caring...nice parents...crazy parents and relatives just like most families...but not too dysfunctional that I don't know how to exist in this world...When I go to the hall, all the sisters want to hug me...or talk to me....I'm a warm person...& they pick it up....when I hug them I can feel the need in them to be loved and accepted....I'm sad at times...

Anyway, back to the subject....witnesses will not do anything unless it can be counted or seen. Most witnesses have a need for attention, it's just one of the common genes they share among one another....I would say they were attention hogs....Have you seen the same folks get up and go to the bathroom at the meetings the same time at every meeting...really? Why do you think they do that...TO BE SEEN...Why do some come late to the meetings....no matter what time they move the Sunday meetings to, we can move from early to a midday meeting, yet they are late all the time...and the same ones...why? TO BE SEEN....when a sister wants to take off her coat or sweater, why do the other sisters from across the room come to help her take it off practically removing her arm out of the socket, why? TO BE SEEN...I got a good one...when it snows...and it's on the day of the meeting...why do they wait to clean the sidewalks just before the meeting...couldn't they have gotten up earlier and come and remove the snow and put down the salt....we know many of them prefer to pioneer than work...But nooooo....they wait until just before the meeting to remove the snow and now they all join in running on top of one another, looking so important...see I'm a good servant I'm removing the snow...again, why? TO BE SEEN...

I don't think a person could be a witness if they couldn't be validated all the time...that's why we read on this site how so many find it hard to move on...who wouldn't when you are commended on everything you do...it would be difficult to be outside the org. and to help people but not be noticed to do something and no one even knows except you....for some humans, they need constant praise...If that's how you survive in the org, no you can't make it out here with the rest of us....Many of us are doing things to help others...in small and big ways, we don't need no banner raised...

Charities, churches, organizations have all gone to different places when catastrophes happen....The JW's will talk about these places, like they don't do any good....I have been to the hall when they say they help the brothers and sisters during bad times...& in a low voice (you can barely catch it) they help others too...

I would like to know if they really do help others that are not JW's....

Tor

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

The WT never does anything for free. Chances are that there is some sort of program or later benefit they would get from doing this. Kind of like when they were in with the UN, they may have to advertise their actions in order to get later recognition whenever they request their kickback.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit