ARC - where to start?

by thereishope 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• thereishope
    thereishope

I'm hoping for help in finding a starting point, somewhere to direct my husband. I brought up a little bit about the ARC spoken of so widely here on the forum. I just gave him a bit of a hint a few days ago, and he wanted to hear nothing of it - the old you can't believe everything you read. I said nothing more. I guess it triggered something because today he brought It up and wanted to know where I saw that news article (as he called it) because he wanted to read it. He brought up something he'd seen recently on tv to do with JW's and how it was so obviously fake and made to slander JWs. I agree with him on that one, however he's hoping to see an article on the ARC case and to pick it apart the same way to prove to me that I'm believing something that's bogus.

I have to rely on you good people to point me in the right direction. Nothing too overwhelming or detailed or long, please. This might just be what starts to open his eyes - he's BIG on justice! Thanks

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Obviously you cant use anything apostate so you could try reveal news they had some good stuff i think: https://www.revealnews.org/topic/jehovahs-witnesses/

• kairos
    kairos

The actual case study from the AUS Government?:
    http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/case-study/636f01a5-50db-4b59-a35e-a24ae07fb0ad/case-study-29,-july-2015,-sydney.aspx

Found it on Google.
    He should be able to do the same...

---

Contained on the AUS Govt site are all of the transcripts, admitted evidence including the "Shepherd the Flock" elder's book as well as the testimony of Geoffrey Jackson, himself.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

ARC - where to start?

Where to start?..

This WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Pope..(Geoffry Jackson)

Wouldn't/Couldn`t Tell The Truth..

If You Put a Gun To His Head..
    .....................................http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Webdesign_Elements/Arrows/set_5_down.gif

Image result for Watchtower Geoffrey Jackson

• OzGirl
    OzGirl

Just a side point - JW are not the only organisation being investigated. Other churches are being investigated, too. One of them is the Catholic church. So if a JW accepts the investigation into the Catholic church as being true, then they would have to consider the investigation of the JW organisation in the same light. The same legal team is responsible for investigating all churches.

I say this because your husband might raise the objection that the JW are being singled out. That is not the case.

• Giordano
    Giordano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuyZLfb9Sic

These are highlighst from CNN. GB member Geoffry Jackson is on 31 minutes in the video. Elders were questioned before hand and that was interesting as well .

Highlights:

Stewart: Do you recognize, Mr Jackson ‐ and in asking this question, let me make it clear, I’m not suggesting it is peculiar to the Jehovah’s Witness organisation, there are many, many organisations in this position ‐ but do you accept that the Jehovah’s Witness organisation has a problem with child abuse amongst its members?
    Jackson: I accept that child abuse is a problem right throughout the community and it’s something that we’ve had to deal with as well.

Stewart: Do you accept that the manner in which your organisation has dealt with allegations of child sexual abuse has also presented problems?
    Jackson: There have been changes in policies over the last 20 or 30 years, where we’ve tried to address some of those problem areas, and by the fact that they have changed the policy would indicate that the original policies weren’t perfect.

Stewart: And you accept, of course, that your organisation, including people in positions of responsibility, like elders, is not immune from the problem of child sexual abuse?
    Jackson: That appears to be the case.

Stewart: Would you disagree, then, with anyone who said that the efforts to highlight and deal with child sexual abuse in the Jehovah’s Witness church are engaging in apostate lies?
    Jackson: I guess that’s a broad question, because sometimes those who make these accusations make many other accusations as well. But let me assure you, the person making the accusation is not the main thing. The main thing is: is there some basis to the accusation. And if there is some way that we could improve, the Governing Body is always interested in seeing how we can refine our policies. You see, Mr Stewart, could I just emphasize, as a religion, two very strong things we feel. One is, we try to keep a high moral standard. Secondly, there is love among the organisation. So we want to treat victims in a loving way.

And yet, when confronted with Angus Stewart’s blunt question “Do you see yourselves as Jehovah God’s spokespeople on earth?”

That I think would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using.

Simply put, Stewart correctly argued that child sex abuse amounts to rape, and because according to Deuteronomy 22:23-27 a rape victim who is attacked without witnesses in a field is to STILL see her attacker brought to justice (despite apparently being the only witness to the attack), therefore the same precedent could be applied to child sex abuse.

Jackson conceded that one witness was sufficient for a rapist to be stoned to death.

In the labyrinth of questions aimed at highlighting the shunning policy, Angus Stewart asked Geoffrey Jackson the following…

So, for example, if they [a Jehovah’s Witness] had become inactive or sought to fade without formally disassociating, and the elders came to visit and found them celebrating Christmas or a birthday, they would be found to be in transgression of the rules, would they not?

Jackson’s answer was remarkable…

That is not my understanding. But again, as I said, it is not my field, that goes into policy with regard to those type of things, but from my personal experience, that’s not the case.

Anybody who knows anything about the Witness faith knows that celebrating Christmas or birthdays is expressly prohibited for Witnesses – a “transgression of the rules” as Stewart carefully phrased it. In fact “celebrating false religious holidays” is clearly listed as a form of apostasy in the Shepherd book and deemed judicially actionable by elders.

Interestingly, however, nowhere in his testimony did Geoffrey Jackson even try to claim that Jesus appoints the Governing Body members.

Early on in the questioning, Angus Stewart asked: “And is it the case that the Governing Body then appoints new members of the Governing Body?” This would have been the perfect opportunity for Jackson to give a rambling theological lecture to the effect that Jesus is actually the one who does the appointing.

Instead we got a straightforward: “That is correct.”

The full article is found here:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/12-things-we-learned-from-geoffrey-jacksons-testimony-at-the-royal-commission

This is a witness critical site and is included because John Cedars presented the highlights of what was covered and how Jackson answered.

Good luck with this.

Gio

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The thing we need to be careful of in dealing with JWs is that we direct them to non apostate sites, or posts by people who don't seem to have it in for the org. Cedars(and similar resources) is unfortunately not neutral. It would be great to get a bunch of links to sites that present this without a lot of our snide commentaries, irreverent cartoons, and generally mocking attitudes so that JWs are not immediately defending against apostates.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

YouTube channel "Jakke control" has the videos listed day by day.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Those videos were the final nail in the coffin for me. I had this idea of GB members being bible experts, bold, having scriptural answers for any accusation thrown at them. What i saw was a man squirming in his seat, using half truths and blatant lies. If any JW's saw this they'd be stumbled.

Unfortunately most of them wont. Even watching their beloved GB member in a court case would amount to "apostasy" because it portrays them in a bad light.

Who's bringing reproach on Jehovah now Mr Jackson?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

thereishope - "I have to rely on you good people to point me in the right direction."

Oh, forget it, then, you're screwed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit