Leaving update

by MissDaSilva 10 Replies latest jw friends

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

Just to give you guys an update on mine and my sonโ€™s exit from the matrix.

My son put on his Instagram page he was no longer a JW and wished everyone a merry Christmas. ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ˜ณThe blocks/unfollows came thick and fast. Lost about half his friends. He laughed at how shallow people actually are.

Letโ€™s face it these people give more loyalty to a bunch of fat old men than to their own family and friends.

We have laughed about it. Itโ€™s incredibly liberating actually. So many old bitches I donโ€™t have to see ever again.

Sending love and hugs to you all. xx

• Biahi
    Biahi

This is fantastic! So happy for your son, also. How old is he? Today is Christmas Eve, and Sunday. Attend a REAL Christian church today, observe the difference. Merry Christmas! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‡

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I would advise caution.

Why make things so difficult that all JWs will shun you?

Surely it would be better to fade, then you will be loved bombed anytime anyone runs into you

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Yes, I have faded successfully.

I have fun blanking the ones who made my jw life absolute hell, and warmly greeting the ones I have time for.

Two elders who were so abominably cruel to me and my family looked like they were going to burst into tears when I completely blanked them when they tried to say hello to me.

The same two men literally hounded and persecuted so many families out of the congregation that they had taken a personal dislike to.

I would say many of these 'hardline' elders can dish it out , but they go to jelly when they are ignored.

This is just the way I have done it of course.

But everyone's exit from the jw cult must be what is right for them personally

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Great to hear Miss da Silva ! your son is a sensible guy !

Freedom is SO wonderful ! especially Freedom of mind !

May you, your son and anyone else who really loves you both, have a Wonderful Christmas, and a Very Happy New Year ! a NEW Year in many ways !

Cheers, love and hugs, Phizzy.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Ron, yes exactly. Cut off those hardliners who you would be happy to never speak to again. But keep the good ones

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I would advise caution. sitting on the fence

Why make things so difficult that all JWs will shun you?

Surely it would be better to fade, then you will be loved bombed anytime anyone runs into you. --what a dreadful thought

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I found that most JWs are good people, with the exception that they will judge and shun you if you leave. Is that really worth keeping? One hand on your shoulder, and the other hand grasping the rug that they will pull out from under your feet?

I don't blame people for fading slowly, it's what I did (though I hardly had any contact with JWs during my fade). But I also commend anyone who rips off the bandaid and gets to see just who their friends really were (hint: it's probably not any JWs).

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

They wonโ€™t mess with me. Iโ€™m a feisty old dragon. Iโ€™ve spoken out about a few things over the last few years, so they tippy toe around us both.

My husband - non JW, will also tell them where to get off. I kept in touch with all my old friends and colleagues and went to my workโ€™s Christmas party on Friday. My family and in laws are not JW which is a blessing.

Iโ€™ve had a couple of sisters contact me to say they will stay friends.

It is very liberating. My anxiety gradually lifting. Feels good.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It sounds like you were in a good position to simply lob that grenade, MissDaSilva. Not everybody has that luxury, but I'm glad that you were able to and won't suffer so badly.

It would be nice to see more do it like that; that would prove that the grip of fear that they have on those questioning is losing it's power. Perhaps Bethel, which never reads boards like this (๐Ÿ™„), will start to see that they're losing the ability to hurt people in the way they used to.

But everyone has their own reasons and needs and has to work within those boundaries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit