New Book: Pure Worship of Jehovah—Restored At Last!

by Afterburn 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ralphusthegreat
    Ralphusthegreat

Well said

• Listener
    Listener

Thank you Afterburner. It was very confusing to read the Greek scriptures that mentioned baptism with a JW understanding. None of them supported their interpretation.

With their viewpoint that the Greek scriptures were written only to the anointed, it's amazing that they even say that baptism is also for the other sheep.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome Afterburn I love your analysis and think its an excellent post and am glad to have you on board .

I look forward to more of your posts here .

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sighing and groaning about the wickedness of the world.

You mean things like having xianity in its many forms (including the jokehovian witlesses) preaching a message that prepares people for communism? And, if you are upset about it, why do more of what is ruining this earth? Why preach that book that has been a curse on the whole human race for all these years, and has gathered so much energy from the people that they can now get away with anything? You get that bible, you practice anything in it, you are helping them do even worse.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

At heart many dubs do not believe that the rest of decent mankind are to be slaughtered. My people deny fervently that the W T teaches it .

How can they deny it now?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Welcome Afterburn. Enjoyed reading your well constructed summary.

My simple Q & A for J.W.'s regarding baptism is this:

Q. Scripturally, what requirements are necessary for a baptismal candidate?

A. Acts 2:38; 3:19 - Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, . . .

Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, . . .

Repentance has absolutely nothing to do with the J.W. dogma of "dedication."

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

On a side note how can a child repent of their sins?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Afterburn:

It is a new book, now available on their Website in PDF, and it is basically an update to Survival—Into a New Earth! (1984), the book that convinced me to get baptized at age 12.

Though Survival briefly touches on Ezekiel chapter 9, that book only mentions Ezekiel a few times. Pure Worship is actually an update of the 1971 book “The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah”—How?

I'm not going to review the entire book here.

A detailed review of the book is available here.

Because Matthew 28:18-20 specifies baptizing as part of the Great Commission, and because Hebrews 6:1-2 lists the teaching on baptisms as among the primary doctrine about the Christ, I intend to focus on the portion of the new publication that deals with baptism.

The focus on baptism in Pure Worship is a complete distortion of what the relevant part of Ezekiel actually says. In the 'vision' about 'marking' people for survival, the marking and the killing happens at the same time, with the 'man in linen' (i.e. a hypothetical priest) marking people for survival just ahead of the murderers, and they return to Ezekiel at the same time after completing the task. This completely contradicts the Watch Tower Society's interpretation that people 'must' be 'sighing and groaning' now in advance of a later destruction. Additionally, the claim in Pure Worship that 'sighing and groaning' about social conditions somehow means 'get baptised' is a complete misrepresentation of the 'vision' in Ezekiel, obviously intended to inspire a sense of 'urgency' among Witnesses as a recruitment technique.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

An update on "surviving into the new world" book? We were in the zero hour of the end of the system in 1984!

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Wasn't it really about worship of the Watchtower Corporation, a false prophet organization of charlatanism with leading and controlling apostates creating false commercialized doctrines luring people into the organization for exploitation and manipulation ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit