Seven Generations

by Ultimate Axiom 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

By chance I came across a Watchtower of June 1, 2015, and it has an article in it, “A Legacy That Has Lasted Seven Generations”. It’s written by a guy called Kevin Williams and it starts with this ancestor Thomas Williams (1815-1891) and continues his story down to the present through his family. But hold on a minute, how can this guy’s twelve relatives span seven generations? Isn’t Freddie Franz (1893-1992) and those anointed prior to the 1990ish (say born late 60s) just one generation?

• under the radar
    under the radar

Ah, yes... the overlapping generation: the overreaching explanation.

Just another example of the Society cherry picking scriptures to support the explanation it has already decided on.

• steve2
    steve2

Really good find 👏👏👏

The fact is, no one talks about overlapping generations - except those few clinging onto outdated Bible prophecies.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

To be precise here, no one talks about “overlapping generations” because that's not what the WTS doctrine is. The official doctrine is still of just a single generation, but one that can now last about 170 years (stretching from c1885 until c2055) because it's made up of two groups of anointed Christians (all forming just one generation). So they've got about 35 years before time junks this load of BS, but like me, most of those who dreamt it up won’t be around to face the music. The chances are, 1914 will be ditched by then anyway, or the WTS won’t be around, at least not in any form that we recognise today.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

A few years back or maybe more there was a WT or talk, I don't remember exactly; but they said do not get puffed up by having old family ties in the troof. Since I don't study anymore I can't remember the scripture about geneologies but they used it.

I am 4th generation of PIMO.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

While JWs say 1+1 = 1

Trinitarian's say 1+1+1 = 1

• skin
    skin

While JWs say 1+1 = 1

Trinitarian's say 1+1+1 = 1

Well said...

Share this

Google+