How many years did you waste away in the Org?

by Tallon 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i was about 9 when ma got religion.

baptised at 14. left school at 15

pioneered on and off till 20

then got married. wife was pregnant when i was 23---got me really thinking.

so--i quit.

been out ever since. i'm 69 now.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

42 years in-- From age 10 until 52 years old

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

TBL - which translates as "Too Bloody Long!"

While not exactly "In Da Troof" for all of that time, I was definitely influenced by the utterances and mores of the WTS / GB / Jehovahs Witness Theology / Mad Rantings of "Crazy Fred" Franz for a total of 28 years.

Significantly, these included my formative years. (While not a "Born In", I was introduced to this nonsense by a newly-converted grandmother while I still an early-adolescent).

• Taylor
    Taylor

4th generation 50 years

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

Born in, pioneered a few yrs. Out from 25 through 35. But just 'woke up' now at 37. Still going through the initial motions one feels when you first learn TTATT.

• fiddler
    fiddler

Born in and left after 41 years but I will admit my early years, though laced with non conformity with 'the world' was much more lenient than some. I almost left mentally after a film in my 8th grade science class on evolution and for the next 3 years didn't follow the JW lifestyle at all but because I drifted into a not ideal group of friends, the effect was to drive me right back into my 'comfort zone'. Let's say...38 years.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I don't think that I wasted any years in or out of the org. I made some bad decisions based an false beliefs, but I had a purpose of serving God to the best of my ability. I still do.

I was baptised at 13 and prior to this my parents had raised me as a witness and I had witnessed to school mates and teachers and done pioneer days. I left the org over 25 years later.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

At least 50.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

58 bloody wasted years, sod it.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Gave my first talk at 9. Left the cult at 59. I left because my JW marriage of 34 years was falling apart. Met the love of my life (not a JW); divorced the JW batshit crazy wife. Of course I got kicked out & while out I read C of C in 2 days. Researched everything on JWfacts. That was all I needed. By the way, thanks Paul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit