How Much Damage Would You Assess?

by Sea Breeze 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    But now the thousand million dollar question: Where does that leave the majority of spectator JWs?

Vidqun,

JW's make a choice on whom to believe, just like everyone else does. Jesus offers a deal for the forgiveness of sins to "whosoever"; and Watchtower tells people the opposite - he wasn't talking to you.

The choice before people is really that simple. Whom we believe determines whether we escape the condemnation we were born into; or admitted as a son or daughter into God's royal family.

John 3:18 Modern English Version

He who believes... Him is not condemned. But he who does not believe [Him] is condemned already, because he has not believed... the only begotten Son of God.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Sea Breeze, in a similar vein, the basis of judgment, if you live on the dark side, you condemn yourself. John explains: "For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God. Now this is the basis for judgment, that the light has come into the world but men have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked." He adds: “If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day” (John 3:17-21; 12:47, 48 ESV).

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Good points Vidqun.

I believe "condemned" is a better word choice because Hebrews 9: 27 says we we all be judged.

But, the verses you point out show that believers are not condemned. Belivers have gotten themselves in agreemment with God and were judged (condemned) along with Jesus at Calvary. Because we "died" with Christ we are also resurrected with him.

Col. 2 - In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which also you were raised with Him through the faith of the power of God

• Biahi
    Biahi

Thanks, Sea Breeze! 🙏🏻

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks, Sea Breeze - I couldn't believe WT's theology/interpretation of NC nor could I understand why a loving god would give me life and expect it back - all my time, assets, everything, my life!! I had no idea what it was really about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit