The White Rose - written by Ex Hitler Youths

by days of future passed 4 Replies latest social current

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

There wasn't a place to really peg this so I just picked this area to post.

One of the interests I have is fossils and finding things in the ground. I stumbled onto a lady that does mudlarking in England. It's amazing what is found by the river - some very old coins, bottles, pottery, smoking pipes etc. She happened to find a belt buckle - it turned out to be a Hitler's Youth one. In her research, she found the story of 3 siblings that had joined the group but later became disillusioned. They wrote "The White Rose" which spoke out against Hitler and spread the leaflets in towns. They were caught and executed 2 days after being sentenced.

It brought to mind how all of these organizations/religions try to grab children at an early age. They enforce a template of what the children will be when they are adults.

I've never heard of these young people before and their efforts to make a difference. If you want to watch this part, it starts at 17:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1-sYVu92bk

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

My mother often spoke about the hitler jugend when recalling her war time stories.

I think the movie 'Sound Of Music' references them also.

jtg

• Listener
    Listener

I enjoy watching her videos every now and then.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I went mudlarking with my kids and their London school. Fantastic!

You need permits to dig below a certain level, too.

I have heard of these amazing German youngsters who were executed by the Nazis.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Looks like a lot of fun to mudlark.

I'd never heard of the Scholls in any program. They were very brave to take on Hitler.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit