Apostate Hunter?

by Lost in the fog 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Has anyone heard of this JW guy?

Apparently he writes a weekly (weakly?) blog as well as having written this book where he claims he disses the claims of "apostates".

To know what apostates are saying he has to be engaging with them or tuning into websites like this one, contravening the GB's direction not to do so. Is he just a crank or a high ranking WT stooge in disguise? Clearly by his pen name he must think he is better than everyone else!!

Amazon booklist - TrueTom vs the Apostates! https://amzn.eu/d/hEexSLp

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Find out his identity and go report his arse to his BoE.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sounds like an attention seeker.

I wonder if he actually sells any books? If so, does he/she/they give the money to the World Wide Work(tm)?

• joao
    joao

Let him be happy!!!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If it's just a book about apostasy and how it affects small religious groups like the JWs, I doubt anyone will care much. That is just more of the usual WTS propaganda. If it is an attempt to engage with anti-JW or anti-WTS claims or accusations, it could end up working against the WTS. The last thing they want is JWs hearing those arguments, since it could lead them to search for more info outside of the organization, and that could lead them right out of the organization.

Either way, I doubt the GB is happy about it. They consider themselves the only legitimate conduit for information and teaching, and they really do not like it when anyone (especially a JW) tries to 'add any spiritual food' to the JW table. If they let this guy do it, then any JW can write a book to "help" other JWs out. If anyone is likely to stop this guy from ever publishing again, it's the WTS. How long before a trio of elders visits him to 'provide necessary guidance' and save his eternal soul?

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

I never heard of this person but had a brief look at his Twitter feed (true tom harley) and his blog (tomsheepandgoats.com). I think we have discovered a literary giant of the calibre of Lloyd Evans.

• jhine
    jhine

I have come across a few JW apologists on Quora , not heard of him .

Jan

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Sadly, I did my share of apologizing for WTC when I was a starry-eyed follower. Why did I do it? Partly to convince myself because I had lots of doubts and enough insider knowledge to know that the doctrine was wrong (for the most part). I also knew that there was very little genuine love among the R&F and no love at all from the GB who were using the publishers as a cash purse. Eventually I became disgusted with myself and I stopped. Then I left.

Honestly, I feel sorry for tom harley. He is going through the same I went through. Maybe he will eventually find comfort.

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

TrueTomHarley, who is devoted to "Jehovah's beloved organization", hangs out here:

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/profile/9927-truetomharley/

"I think we have discovered a literary giant of the calibre of Lloyd Evans."

Not really. :)

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

I think I saw the movie about this guy.

Oh wait, that was Abraham Lincoln, vampire hunter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit