1st Birthday Celebration

by Whynot 7 Replies latest social family

• Whynot
    Whynot

You guys! Our first birthday celebration was a total success😍The kids had a blast. The neighborhood kids said that it was the best party they have ever been to. It was sooo beautiful and bittersweet.

Seriously, this is something that shouldn't be taken away from anyone's childhood ♡♡♡

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

I'm so happy for you, @Whynot! Did you stick with the theme of Appreciation Day, or did you go full pagan and decapitate the nearest kid, a lĂĄ King Herrod?

Happy birthday to your precious little one. I hope you were able to network with the other parents and build up some contacts in the real world!

Xx

• Whynot
    Whynot

I decided to call it a birthday lol

No one got decapitated hahaha!

Ans YES we made new friends. I'm so happy! I was so nervous that no one was going to come but they showed up and it was great!

Thank you Jo-Ho

• humbled
    humbled

I am so happy to hear this.

It seem nuts that these lovely memories generated in these sweet celebrations were outlawed .

When l was faithfully not celebrating l felt the urgent need to do at least this: l would take each child on their birthday and tell them all l could recall of their day of birth. Relevant and irrelevant were important. I was so aware that my children arrived that day. And so glad they came to us. Every joy should be celebrated

It seems so right to have these moments, doesn’t it? Good for you that your children will have special love and innocent recognition— what harm?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Instead of glorifying a person, like on a birthday, how much better to glorify materialism!

• “Instead of having Christmas or any other holiday, we have Big Toys Day.
      • g93 11/22 pp. 8-10 - Awake!—1993
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Excellent Whynot no decapitations and you never got struck down by a bolt of lightning and the best part is the children had a great time and what`s wrong with that ?

May their be many more happy birthdays in years to come bringing joy to children.

• carla
    carla

Congratulations on pulling off an awesome party! Glad you all had fun.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Well done! I enjoy reading such stories. Bringing joy to our children is important. I could not fathom raising my children as Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit