Remembering SuziDrums

by 3rdgen 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hello Friends,

I don't post here much anymore but still check in to read from time to time. Yesterday I thought I would send a FB msg. to SuziDrums and arrange a chat, as it had been quite a few months since we'd talked.

I was horrified to read a post from her son saying that Nov. 28 she was admitted to the hospital for back pain. They were told she had cancer and that it didn't look good. Only 3 days later she passed away.

I am still in shock and grief and am having a hard time expressing what a colossal loss this is to all who knew her.

Suzi, your heart, your spirit, your enthusiasm for life despite multiple tragedies, your intelligence and insight, AND your razor sharp humor will be missed more than I can communicate.

I wanted to arrange a meet-up with you, Dagney, Cha Ching, and anyone else who could make it near LA.

I was just a few weeks too late.

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

So sorry for your loss but you all's experience was a wealth of enjoyment to me and everyone on this board

Etta

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Oh no! That is so sad. I'm so very sorry.

• zeb
    zeb

My condolences..

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Elder Etta, Aude, and Zeb, Thanks so much for your condolences.

I bumped up a post from 3 years ago where I found out that Suzi had left the cult. I studied with her in the late 1960s when we were both still teenagers. She progressed to baptism and soon afterward I married and moved away when I was only 17.

I only saw her once in the mid-1990s. At that time we were both still believers, married with two children each. However, soon after our visit we both had horrible divorces and moved several times and so lost touch again.

Imagine my surprise when we found each other on this site.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Oh my... I didn't look at the other post much and just thought you had a catch up just very recently. : ( I'm so sorry.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'm so sorry 3rdgen! I just read your thread about how you reconnected with Suzi after all those years. So sad for you to have spent so little time together after she left the Borg and sad for her sons to have lost both parents now. My thoughts are with you 🌹

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My condolences 3rdgen I know the pain of losing someone close to your heart .

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

3rdgen...thank you for posting about SuziDrums passing. Life can be soo difficult at times. My condolences to her children, her family & you.

May God speed to your pain!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sorry for your loss. It is difficult to stay in touch with those that are a distance and a life time away. But good to remember what you experienced together. It says a lot about both of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit