hey i'm new here

by damienexists 10 Replies latest jw friends

• damienexists
    damienexists

heyo, my name is damien, i'm a trans teenager, and i'm a non practicing jehovah's witness, or deist. i came here to find other people like me and also to ask if i can be a practicing jehovah's witness and be trans? or would i have to say i'm cis and hope they believe me?

• truthwillsetyoufree
    truthwillsetyoufree

Hello Damien.

You can not be trans and be accepted as a Jehovah’s Witness.

Whatever body you were born in that is the gender they expect you to stay as no matter how you feel inside. You will be told to rely on Jehovah and wait until paradise where he will fix those feelings.

You could try to live a double life - many have. But You’ll always live in fear that someone will discover your secret and inform the elders. If that should happen whilst you’re living as a trans person your life will be turned upside down.

You have discovered early on in your life that you are trans which is good. So please be true to yourself and stay away from groups of people who won’t allow you to be who you are.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi and welcome to the forum Damien. I assume you're a born-in JW because you no longer believe it, being a deist? You can't be a JW and trans as TWSYF says.

Don't get baptised or if you already have, make plans for your education so you can be financially independent as soon as possible. How do your parents feel about your choices?

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Hi Damien, welcome!

i agree with the comment above.

i think it’s all about being yourself and not assuming another identity to please those around you.

This religion is already hard as it it, the last thing you really need is to spend life living in fear and under judgement.

Build good trustworthy friendships around you, these are important, people that you can rely on will always be worth their weight in gold.....and take it day by day, less stress will help you to make the best decisions that are right for you.

Wishing you all the best Damien.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

If you identify as a trans you cannot be a practicing JW.

The bible condemns anything in support of the LGBTQ community.

Although, I disagree with your choice I respect your lifestyle and wish you the best.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Damien, you have your whole, amazing life ahead of you and you deserve to be true to who you are. JWs will not accept you as a trans person (at least, not the last time I checked) which means, to continue as a JW, you will have to continue in your born gender. IF they actually had the "truth," maybe it would be worth it but a close and careful examination reveals that they do not.

But do not take my word, or anybody else's. Investigate their teachings yourself. And best wishes for your journey!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Damien,

I agree with most of the above comments.

Living in a body that has rejected certain qualities would be a nightmare. You must be yourself and everything else needs to be put aside. And that includes the WTBTS.

Being a JW is a waste of your time as it was for myself......... and while I understand family ties......... in the long run it's not about the families we were born into it's about the friends we make, the person we want to live with and the good we can do that counts.

My pioneer partner (female) is still my best friend and lover for the last 57 years.

I am now an old grumpy grandpa but still happy about the choices we made in our life together.

Believe me when I say living on a paradise earth built on the bones of billions of people is not an acceptable choice.

As boring and narrow thinking the Society is......... who would want to submit to their rule?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Damien--what do you mean by deist ?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Stan livedeath - from what I know about it is that, God exists but doesn't communicate or interact with humans. Some notable people were deists. Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, John Adams and more.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

DOFP---yep...i know--i googled it. But i wondered if the OP knew what it meant, as one cannot be a deist and a JW; whether practicing or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit