Battle over contamination at Watchtower site in Warwick

by OrphanCrow 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Zoos
    Zoos
    Jehovah’s Witnesses, has agreed to dismiss the case against one of the companies, Vale Canada, because New York courts do not have jurisdiction over foreign businesses.

They had to agree to dismiss?....... because they didn't know in advance that NY courts didn't have jurisdiction over foreign companies?

I'm not a lawyer and EVEN I knew that!

Didn't they see the address on the paperwork while they were compiling it?

"Joe... this company is in Canada. Should we go ahead and file in New York City anyway?"

"Yes Bob, let's do that. And may Jehovah bless our efforts."

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Divine retribution perhaps? I wonder if they used that loving kind Christian lawyer Vincent Toole to tactfully help them sue all those companies arrrfff!
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    The article says they have already cleaned up the site. Now they are just fishing for money.
  • cognac
    cognac
    Mgme- I believe the land has to be cleaned up before they are allowed to legally build....
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    Would you feel comfortable living there even though it had been "cleaned?"
  • Wonderment
    Wonderment
    Are lawsuits by the WT Corporation against other corporations another potential source of new income? Just wondering!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    No wonder Guy Pierce had doubts Jehovah was blessing the move. What possessed them?
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    They knew what they were buying and likely had suing in mind before the deal was even done.
  • cognac
    cognac

Ctr- The state I'm sure has very strict code regulations that have to be met in order for the land to be livable on.

That said, no, I still wouldn't feel comfortable...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    The lucky ones at bethel were all sacked. These guys will die of cancer unless Jehovah raises his shields to level 14.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit