Ridiculous refusion of blood transfusions

by Uditha Jayatunga 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Uditha Jayatunga
    Uditha Jayatunga

I had an encounter with a Jehova's witness at my doorstep. I challenged them on blood transfusions. Later I looked at JW website too. I am certainly agreeable on some of their rationale to avoid blood transfusion and ways of doing it as mentioned in their web site. But the basic fact remains that in some severely life threatening conditions and in situations where saving a life depends on ONLY having acute blood transfusions, following their doctrine means basically killing people. These conditions are profuse bleeding following severe trauma, leaking/ruptured aortic aneurysm, severe post partum heamorrhage, severe GI bleeds and in not so acute conditions like acute leukemia, bone marrow failure syndrome and bone marrow suppression due to chemotherapy.

Unless and until JW do have answers to these critical conditions mean, that people have died and more will die due to following their doctrine which is basically 'killing people'. If you take 1000 patient who have blood transfusions, certainly about 900-950 patients may be able to be managed with out transfusions BUT there is a critical number in above and many more conditions where there is NO answer to blood transfusion as at present and according to JW, they should die! But why should they? Their is a web page in JW saying 'life worth living' but they themselves are killing innocents who can live.

Another argument they give is to say that having blood may cause disease etc which is a tiny number and they do not say that vast vast numbers of these patients live due to their transfusions. Such argument is basically hiding the truth.

ISIS terrorists are killing innocents openly due to radical interpretation of Koran while JW is killing people silently for a similar reason. Quotes they use such as "eating blood' is NO WAY could be interpreted as having blood transfusions when such techniques were not known to man 2000 yrs ago when bible was written.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Hi..welcome to the site.

Im sure we all agree with what you say.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

JW do take blood, as long as it has been broken into fractions. It's in their website.

• Uditha Jayatunga
    Uditha Jayatunga

But in situations, I have given above, the only life saving measure is transfusing whole blood!

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

So Fractions? They are ok?
    Really?

The only way to use blood that has been outside the body is to pour it on the ground.

So where did those blood fractions come from WT?

Didn't they all come from MISUSED blood!

HYPOCRITES!

WOW so hard to figure that out JW land.

Obedience Tested Over Blood

11. What is the basis for the Christian position on use of blood?

11 God’s law on blood certainly is not new or unclear. Through our common forefather Noah, Jehovah commanded all mankind: “Flesh with its soul​—its blood—​you must not eat.” (Genesis 9:4) The sacredness of blood, representing life from God, was stressed in the Mosaic Law. Blood could be used on the altar, but otherwise it was to be ‘poured out on the ground as water.’ (Leviticus 17:11-14; Deuteronomy 12:23-25)

• Giordano
    Giordano

Lets understand the reality....re blood transfusions.

A JW lack of education for the most part....was ignored to develop a life or death understanding using a non scientific approach about blood transfusions. By people who for the most part had no higher learning then high school.

It was all about 'eating blood'......... In doing so they referenced the word's of a doctor......... one doctor.... Deny's...... who wrote.... ‘In performing transfusion it is nothing else than nourishing by a shorter road than ordinary – that is to say, placing in the veins blood all made in place of taking food which only turns to blood after several changes.’” (The Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1961, p. 558)

What the Society did not tell its readers, is that this doctor, Jean Baptiste Denys, lived in the 17th century. (It turns out that Dr. Denys never said the words attributed to him by the Watchtower).

Medical science long ago abandoned this idea. Later, the Society tried to appeal to another authority, the Dane...... Thomas Bartholin, but now they at least admit he also lived in the 17th century.

Why has the WTS found no support for this peculiar idea among more recent medical experts? Because there are none. Not even the medical doctors who are themselves Jehovah’s Witnesses will ruin their reputation by supporting this claim.

A blood transfusion has nothing to do with eating blood which would be drinking blood.

A blood Transfusion is identical to a transplant which the society, after a ban of some 11 years, now permits.

They got it wrong and a good thousand JW;s more or less die every year since 1945.

Ignorance is another factor. JW's tend not be well educated so when they go into a hospital and it can be over whelming. But Ignorance breeds ignorance.

The Society lied and JW's died.

Quotes from the bible that God instructed Noah about the sanctity of blood had no bearing on the right or wrong of a god who needed to kill everyone but a select small group who escaped the great flood.

This murderous conduct overlooked honest and decent people. Couples bonded together, the old and young, the little children and the unborn. It wasn't a wicked world probably no worse then what came after. Oddly enough God murdered the unborn. He drowned the mother and the unborn.

The real intent of the Society was to pretend that the JWs were special as they were the only ones ready to give up their lives, if necessary, because blood was so important that Jesus never mentioned it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This is, in part, due to their ignorant, dumbass, mid-20th Century conviction that medical science would inevitably vindicate them.

Morons.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This whole fractions thing muddied the water for me long before I quit.

They forbid blood, red cells , white cells , plasma and platelets .... but allow any "" smaller" fractions.

Where did that come from? The Governing Body, that's who. Admittedly imperfect human men.

Witnesses give their lives for the rule of men, not the rule of God.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping
    BluesBrother
    This whole fractions thing muddied the water for me long before I quit.
    They forbid blood, red cells , white cells , plasma and platelets

You need to look carefully at their website under JW's position on allogeneic and autologous blood

The information is kind of hidden so you have to look carefully.

Red cells fractions are acceptable

White cells fractions are acceptable

Platelets fractions are acceptable

Plasma fractions are acceptable

It's been like that for years now. I have lots of friends who have taken blood transfusions, and all they have to say is that they just took the whole blood in fractions and the HLC approves it.

The only problem is if you are in a Kingdom Hall where the HLC elders are really stupid and don't keep up with the JW website. If you are in that type of kingdom hall, then you will die.

• TD
    TD

I have lots of friends who have taken blood transfusions, and all they have to say is that they just took the whole blood in fractions and the HLC approves it.

Bollocks....

Fractionization of the cellular components destroys them as such. They cannot be reconstituted. The derivative preparations are not administered either as transfusions on in transfusion scenarios.

The only problem is if you are in a Kingdom Hall where the HLC elders are really stupid and don't keep up with the JW website. If you are in that type of kingdom hall, then you will die

More bollocks.

HLC members do not get their information from the JW website. They are trained via seminars, lectures and private communication the average JW elder never even sees.

Neither are the committes tied to specific congregations. The arrangement is for want of a better term, an organization within an organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit