JW's not happy people

by wannaexit 18 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I've noticed a lot of discontent among my Jw friends. I've had some express to me how stressed out they are because the meetings take up too much time and the assemblies are too long. ( a lot of complaining about this international assembly coming up). They are tired of hearing the constant humdrum to "do more".

During the meetings most look 'brain dead'. The comments are mechanical without zeal or true conviction.

I am wondering if the end of watchtowerland could come from within.

Wannaexit

• logansrun
    logansrun

I am wondering if the end of watchtowerland could come from within.

As opposed to....?

Remember, most JWs are in a near hypnotic state when it comes to their religion. True, many are unfulfilled and braindead, but do you honestly think they are ready to revolt in such a condition ? I don't think so.

Bradley

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My last year in I had changed congs and when I attended the circuit assemblies I didn't hardly know anybody. I remember looking around during the program, seeing people sleeping, fussing with their kids, staring off into space, a few shuffling through their bible at the appropriate time, everybody just looked like zombies. I remember feeling like I would be embarrassed if one of my non-jw family members or workmates were there to witness this painful drudgery. I couldn't take it, I had to leave. That was the last time I ever set foot in the assembly hall, I think I would freak out and go into a psychotic meltdown if I ever had to sit through a 2 day circuit assembly again.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I'd like to go and hell "hallelujia" and "amen" at appropriate parts of the sermons

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Logan,

It may be wishful thinking but I do believe in "the straw that breaks the camel's back sindrome". I think that everything will eventually come to a head for this organization.

The real loyal Jw are dying off. The discontented ones are the second and third generation of jw's. Perhaps the unhappiness of the younger ones will only be a contributing factor to its demise.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Alot are just biding their time until Armageddon comes; going through the motions trudging through each day.

I was frequently told ' I wish we could have just one really good party...' (read - 'get pissed and have a day off from all this crap !)

• Maverick
    Maverick

The WatchTower world is just a hollow shell. It has no substance. There are two kinds of J-duds; those who need to be in control and those who need to be controlled. Many Elders and J-dud masters, CO's etc. need the org. They are NOTHING without it. And the others want someone else to be responsible. They just defer control and therefore responsibility, at least in their own minds. These are weak people, or people in a weakend state. How can any of this make a person truly happy? Maverick

• Scooby
    Scooby

I was unhappy too. Your spirit is squashed. Hearing repitition over and over... just is so boring. Happy are they conscious of THEIR spiritual need. Did you ever hear anyone actually finding their own spirit at any meeting?

How can one be happy when the only spirit you understand is one made up for YOU????

Mav- Don't forget the Fundamental attribution error. It is a cult.... I don't think "weak" is the right word. Vulnerable and idealistic, possibly. But WT LIE, MANIPULATE, DISTORT AND WITHOLD. That is THEIR doing. It is wrong. We were tricked .... don't minimize that. But I agree there are two types in general.. not having to take responsiblility is pretty convenient in some ways.

:)

• shamus
    shamus

Good points, everyone.

Do more, do more, do more,

=

More guilt, more guilt, more guilt,

How many people at the governing body do more?

None.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear Scooby; You are right, I wanted to write vulnerable, but I left my personal spell checker home and couldn't find a dictionary where I'm staying. I can't spell to save my life, or make a good point! Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit