Virgin or whore complex that Witnesses have made my married life difficult!

by Witness 007 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So was a virgin when I got married but my wife studied later in life and had been married for 6 months and had two boyfriends in her past. My strict Witness mother HATED my wife and thought she was not good enough for me. She thought all worldly women were dirty whores who cannot keep their vaginas to themselves. Working for 17 years with 98% women in medical field I found that they do not go whoring around they are dedicated to their families and may have more self control then most young Witness girls. I have been married 24 years has not been easy but we are ok.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Also I did struggle with these feelings myself it took me awhile (years) deprogramming myself and to get over my lost youth not having any girlfriends or experience AT ALL in relationships before comitting to someone.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Also I have to say the "worldly" men I worked with are very loyal family men I heard of more sexual affairs in a kingdom hall then work.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

The JWS have this complex that they are the only people who are "good".

It does seem to be a human thing, though - Catholic people I knew had similar feelings about themselves, likewise for members of some of the more fundamentalist denominations.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Funny ( or not ) story. There was a brother in a congregation I was in who bipolar and had issues...He was a brilliant odd duck. He wanted to get married. He asked one of the older sisters if she knew any nice virgins that he might be introduced to...He said he didn't want somebody elses "has beens".

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

“I heard of more sexual affairs in a kingdom hall then work.”

Me too. Totally different than the fake picture they put up front and center.

• TMS
    TMS

so many factors: JW sexual suppression, marrying young as virgins with no relationship experience, the Watchtower's preoccupation with sexual "morality," the false notion that JWs are the "best" and "worldlies" the worst, piss poor sex education among JWs. . . . . . . . . etc.

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus

Fun fact - the more you suppress healthy sexuality and the more isolated and paranoid people become, the more perversity develops. I remember sitting in a Kingdom Hall when the circuit overseer was lecturing against oral sex and the feeling of tension in the audience - if THAT kind of thing is THAT bad, then everyone wants it all the more! Most secular people are less tantalized by depravity because they don't fear the dirty devil in themselves and others and obsess over it.

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus

And good for you, Witness 007!

• carla
    carla

" I remember sitting in a Kingdom Hall when the circuit overseer was lecturing against oral sex and the feeling of tension in the audience ..." - I can't even wrap my head around this! You are sitting in a church type setting and some creep is discussing oral sex in front of everybody?! in front of kids and grandma's, men and women, teens, aaahgh, my head would explode! if someone started discussing that in front of my small children.... I would be in jail for beating the crap out of them.

How can people just sit through this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit