Reduce the size of your family!

by Marvin Shilmer 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The Watchtower organization resists the idea that its workforce is comprised of employees. Instead it promotes the idea that these individuals comprise a family. Yet recently there is a directive that smacks a Totalitarian tendency. The family has been asked to reduce itself. Pretty tough choice!!!

See: Reduce the size of your family!

My best guess is this request will lead to more than a few disenchanted individuals who realize they've been removed from the family by their former family members. So much for sharing the hardship as a firmly resolved and unified family. The family unit has been asked to reduce itself!

___

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Mob bosses take better care of their extended families.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Mob bosses take better care of their extended families.

I hadn't thought of mobs usage of "family" to depict the relationship of its workforce. From time to time a mob family does decide to reduce its size. It tends to get messy. I suppose it's another manifestation of the times. You know, "no natural affection" and all that stuff.

___

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

It is a sad day when a member of the bethel "family" gets evicted and then realizes that the term "family" was nothing more than manipulative horse shit the whole time.

This is especially sad for those that have no real family or friends and were using the WT as a surrogate.

Just another fine example of the WT exploiting the weak and/or naive.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Marvin Shimler: I hadn't thought of mobs usage of "family" to depict the relationship of its workforce. From time to time a mob family does decide to reduce its size. It tends to get messy. I suppose it's another manifestation of the times. You know, "no natural affection" and all that stuff.

The sweeps and reductions in size are always related to the biggest enemy that every organization faces - treason. Attack from within.

Cutting 'family' size down is a reaction to paranoia. Battening down the hatches.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    The sweeps and reductions in size are always related to the biggest enemy that every organization faces - treason.

The Watchtower organization is not in a position to change human nature.

Odds are practically 100% that more than a few "family" members experiencing the "reduction" will end up really, really pissed off, which will inevitably lead to all sorts of revelations about what goes on in Watchtower's inner bowels. One day we'll be reading minutes of GB meetings. I can see it coming. Even those who survive the family size reduction will be left unnerved.

___

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    It's the kind of family where sometimes the parents have to eat their young.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    It's the kind of family where sometimes the parents have to eat their young.

Now that you mention it, there is biblical reference to some ancient Israelites who fell to eating their own. Maybe there is some Frazian anti-type at work here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit