Advice from the WT regarding drinking alcohol.

by joey jojo 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fulano
    fulano

I am on à sherry-diet.

• carla
    carla

"...so the brothers will know that people are checking out their site via boards of this type."- Ha, wouldn't that be something if the real numbers for clicks, etc... were because of apostates not actual jw's doing their required homework? How great would that be? Is there anyway we could find out such a stat?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Carla said "Sorry, I refuse to give the wt my click. I will not add to their inflated fake rankings in google. Just my own little f-u to the wt. I fully understand that my not doing so makes absolutely no difference in the big scheme of things, just makes me feel better for the moment."

This is the first reason I gave my husband for my or our daughter's not attending the memorial ever again . I did a few times before, for my personal gift to his mother, who enjoyed showing off her granddaughter to her friends. Once I realized the WT was counting my attendance as an " interested one", and after what my husbands brief ( I'm still hoping it was actually brief) re-involvement was doing to our marriage, I put a permanent halt to it.

Now that my daughter is older she also would not agree to attend, (unless it was out of curiosity or to make her Dad happy). I made sure to educate her on cult behavior. ( All mind controlling organizations/groups, of which there are a lot). She put the pieces together herself on the JW and cult. I didn't have to connect them for her. YAY, it means I did my job.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Carla said "Is there anyway we could find out such a stat?"

I think if the WT requires registration to access the site publications etc, then that number would be evident. Otherwise, it would be pretty much impossible to know.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

It would be very surprising if the Watchtower did not track the referring URLs.

We have a small website (Art, genealogy, etc.) and our analytics tell us not only what site referred the visitor but, if a search engine, the term the visitor input.

Of course, that information is private and for the website's owner's use.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

I posted this mainly for a quote from the article 'thinking past the drink', which states,

'In this age of social media, your actions could have a lasting impact on your reputation.'

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Love these Zing ;-)

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@ Nonjwspouse

Thank you , I enjoy pics more than writing a lot of words.Pictures say a 1000 words always.

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit