REAL REASON JW'S DON'T CELEBRATE HOLIDAYS..

by integ 11 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

I think i've finally figured out why Jw's don't celebrate holidays. Well, the first obvious reason is

the G BODY tells them not to, but the second reason is NOT because it is pagan, if it were the

witnesses would Not celebrate anniversaries too, nor would they celebrate weddings the way they

do. If you look into the origin's of the wedding rituals, like the ring, the veil, the whole deal, you

will find that they ALL have pagan origins. The REAL REASON they are "admonished" not to celebrate

days like Mothers' day, Fathers' day, Christmas, Easter, etc, etc, is of ASSOCIATION. They

realize that these occasions bring family members together, and THAT is simply not acceptable. Their

goal is to keep you AWAY from any outside influences that might endanger your close knit cult

like association with "like minded" individuals. Your only REAL FAMILY dear brothers are your

friends at the hall, who are the ONLY ONES who "truly" care about you. So they make up a bunch

of BS about pagan origins and what not to keep you AWAY from your families. I honestly think I

could take just about ANYTHING and trace back it's origins to something evil or pagan. Halloween is

the only 'holiday' I can go along with as far as not celebrating, i guess, but even with that, little kids

trick or treating and eating candy does'nt seem real demonic. But the whole point is that the whole

anti-holiday thing should be exposed for what it is....Keeping you away from your family and causing

your family to hate YOU as well for NOT CELEBRATING. Because THEY don't understand. Further

chasm between you.

Thanks,

Integ.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

and I always thought it was because they didn't want you to spend that money that would be their donations on holiday preparations, gifts, etc maybe a combo of both.

• bebu
    bebu

It has always seemed like false piety to me. A way to separate and seem superior. With all the good things around to celebrate, and the admonition to rejoice in the Lord always, "Jehovah" is now all bent out of shape if we celebrate the goodness of the gifts HE gave: our children, our parents, our respective nations, etc. Like refusing to participate in the memorial, another "slap".

bebu

• Maverick
    Maverick

Integ, you have a good point. If they can drive a wedge between their subject and his family, he will run to their happy little group and find comfort. Alienation is a prime force when used correctly. They need to break down the strongest bonds first to get inside and control the person. And family gatherings are the first step! Kiss off the Holidays, piss off the family, and away he goes! Maverick

• freedom96
    freedom96

Though I have never thought about it that way, I am convinced that the basic reason is they just want to be different. More control.

Yes, I believe many things that we all do can be traced back to something "pagan."

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

You're right... the WTS is so hypocritical when they ban holidays but not wedding customs. I think another reason for banning holidays is to isolate the JWs from the rest of the world even more. This isolation helps prevent "unathorized learning" and makes the members feel even more special.

• myself
    myself

Integ, that makes a lot of sense. Same thing as dividing families and friends with their shunning policies

• Aztec
    Aztec

Good point integ. I think as well it's to make them differant from other "Christian" religions. "No part of the world" ie let's make ourselves as differant from the rest of the world as possible. Isolation follows and cult programming kicks in. "See, we really are differant from the world" is a phrase I heard often growing up. I think it all very masochistic..

~Aztec

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Don't forget this point:

How could JW's celebrate birthdays when they do not celebrate Christmas? Christmas is the biggest holiday of the year, and nominally a big one for Christians; if JW's skip this one, but celebrate their own, they look like hypocrites.

And that goes for the rest of them, too; if they skip the big one, then to celebrate the others seems ridiculous.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I agree with you. The only way a cult can keep you under their control is to isolate you away from any outside influences. It is part of their control game.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit