Door to door preaching back?

by usualusername1 4 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

A friend told me that this week a JW knocked on her door.

Is house to house back now?

P

• slimboyfat
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=docid-702022021_1_VIDEO

2022 Governing Body Update #7

In the first minute of video, Stephen Lett says that the house-to-house resumed as of September 01, 2022.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''In the first minute of video, Stephen Lett says that the house-to-house resumed as of September 01, 2022.''

And,,,,just in time for the tract or whatever campaign they call it.

Coincidence.

Or, just timed for ''their own convenience''

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Back when I was a JW a C.O asked for a show of hands as to how many actually liked the D to D work, hardly a hand was raised. I cannot see it being any more popular today. Unusually,he went on to say HE did not like it, but of course trotted out the reasons why it should be done.

I noticed a couple of years before the pandemic, so 2017ish, that the enthusiasm that formerly prompted a visit every 6 weeks or so up until then, had waned. The visits dropped to once in 3 months. I could gauge this because I worked from home, and from my desk could see who passed by in the street. (by then I was a Do Not Call, not because I asked for that, but because I was considered "dangerous to faith" for JW's to talk with me, LOL).

When I was in we had a good number who rarely took much part in D to D, including a number of Elders, we had some who were expert at avoiding it by doing "return visits" etc.

So, what with a general dislike, fake hours etc, how much actual door knocking will go on ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit