The biggest mistake.

by Half banana 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Hi Half banana,

I didn't get it completely wrong about you having some connection to archeology.

Good on you for getting involved in such a practical and worthwhile pursuit of knowledge.

My name on yuku was the same; RayoFlight2014, I was only on the forum for a matter of months between late 2014 and mid 2015 if I remember correctly, when Tim unfortunately had to close the forum.

So I had only just made some people's acquaintance, such as yourself, before it shut down.

Thank you for that link I will check it out.

A few years ago I assisted my daughter with an assignment project on religion and I came across so much information that it was difficult to nail down what we could know as far as proper scholarly research without the need for a degree in archeology, history and linguistics.

Nevertheless I came across some interesting material that I will post here and hopefully get a measure of feedback from you on, if you're interested.

RayoFlight2014.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Information is always useful Ray.

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Hi again Half banana,

This is the kind of thing that I was referring to when I spoke of the evidence for, or what we can "know" about the beginnings of religious beliefs in the gods and how they evolved into the Bull gods El, Baal and yahweh.

I wonder if you have further information on websites or scholarly works that are less biased and more reliable as I really don't trust anything coming from religiously influenced writers or websites, they appear to be having the greatest presence and seem to be directing where the popular beliefs should lie.

The more reference material you can link to the more helpful it will be.

I appreciate that it will take me some time to go through, and this subject is quite time consuming but it would be good to get a leg up by someone like yourself who has already done a lot of ground work.

Thanks in advance for your help if you are able.

RayoFlight2014.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Iriddle80 - "I love the Bible."

Oh, me too.

I'm a huge fan of fantasy, horror, and graphic violence.

:smirk:

• Half banana
    Half banana

Hi Ray, this is very interesting, it will take some time to digest!. Must go now and I will respond later-- but don't overestimate my limited knowledge, they are probably others here who are better informed.

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Hi Half banana,

While I was lurking I had read many of your posts and topics; the greater majority of them piqued my interest and I was disappointed that they didn't garner the attention or response that I felt they deserved.

Like your topics on the mechanism behind cult indoctrination. The one on the watchtowers claim to authority and so many where you have made reference to the bull headed god and mithraism.

So I was hoping to have some kind of dialogue with yourself and others too, to get a more accurate and verifiable understanding of the facts that we can know about what came before, what we were led to believe, came first.

Cheers.

I have integrity to truth backed up by evidence...no matter where it comes from so long as I can scrutinize the detail unencumbered by coercion and undue influence.

RayoFlight2014.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit