I got my invite today for a "Special" talk that has already been given 3-4 days ago ?

by smiddy3 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Is that stupid ,lazy, crazy or what ? I`m talking about a brochure ?could you call it that ?

"You Are Welcome To Attend "

Of course I`m referring to the invitation to the Annual commemoration of the death of Jesus Christ Friday April 19,2019.

However the brochure also advertises a "Special" talk that is to be given

"Reach out For The Real Life" on Sunday April 14 2019 which took place 4 days ago.?

You would think they would redact that in light that it has already past but no,not this lot.

As a side note : keeping in mind the GB members 12 bottles of top shelf Whiskey,

the address of the KH is 87 beveridges Road Lakes Entrance .

I thought that was funny.

The illustration given of that last supper shows only 10 people ?

And i noticed it was printed in Japan.

Thoughts anyone ?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

9 apostles + Jesus.

Judas had already gone to see the Pharisees, and the other apostle had been sent out to buy a few bottles of Macallan whisky - that's why he was not at the meeting!

UK invitations are printed in Germany. No more printing being done UK.

• dozy
    dozy

I wonder what the thinking is to have the "special talk" before the Memorial? I thought the whole point was to encourage Memorial visitors to attend another meeting - try to keep them involved.

In reality , of course , the "special talk" is anything but special. It is just another half hour yawnfest and is simply a new outline that then just gets added to the list of public talk outlines.

• sir82
    sir82

Marketing geniuses these guys ain't.

I can just see the look of bewilderment, then dawning realization, when someone points out to the GB that by scheduling the "special" talk" for 5 days prior to the Memorial, and then having millions more of these invitations handed out after the "special" talk date makes them look like, well, nitwits.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, smiddy3, they have a date on them so can't use them next year. Can't be used for note paper. Can't start a good fire with them. So the WTS is thinking, at least the message on it is good until the great tribulation. It does give jws an easy way to have for time, no need to talk to anyone by plastering the neighborhood with them.

• waton
    waton

Embarrassing to have "covered" the territory to ,say , 80 percent with the invitation, and not even one stranger showing for the special talk. not one, and not even the full slate of publishers.

The up side? the hall was not crowded. now, Friday, act 2, with free wine being served---?

• blondie
    blondie

waton, does that mean the memorial is on the same day as Good Friday?

• LV101
    LV101

Thank Thor they can't get into my hood altho I'd love to read their crazy nonsense -- been a long time.

• GoneRogue
    GoneRogue

"I wonder what the thinking is to have the "special talk" before the Memorial? I thought the whole point was to encourage Memorial visitors to attend another meeting - try to keep them involved.

In reality , of course , the "special talk" is anything but special. It is just another half hour yawnfest and is simply a new outline that then just gets added to the list of public talk outlines."

Actually the special talk is no longer a new outline it is now a revised one. And now they have it before so they can invite more to the memorial and plus when special talk was after no one would go lol. My opinion is another way to show importance over the memorial, I think memorial of Jesus should always be first because it is way more important then a lousy unspecial talk about JEHOVAH well about GB lol

• waton
    waton
    waton, does that mean the memorial is on the same day as Good Friday? B

I asked my wife and she says "Yes"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit