How can I change my avatar?

by AlainAlam 16 Replies latest forum tech-support

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

On my profile, under "Update Avatar", I click on "Upload Avatar Image" and choose the picture I want, but it doesn't work. I know it says there may be a slight delay but I've been waiting for more than 12 hours so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the site, or if I'm missing something.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Ditto

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry, the avatar upload is broken right now and I haven't had chance to fix it.

Try going to https://en.gravatar.com/ and updating the avatar for your email and then use the 'refresh gravatar' option.

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Thank you for your reply, Simon!

I changed it on gravatar.com, tried refreshing it here, waited, but it didn't work :) Just letting you know. Thank you for your help!

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Hello again Simon/everyone :) Do you think the avatar thing can be fixed in any way? I can also just remove the avatar altogether.

I'm asking because this is a picture of me and my ex-wife, who is still a Witness. I'm sure she wouldn't want her pic on this website and I feel bad posting stuff in the meanwhile. It's not just for aesthetics :) Thank you for your efforts!

• cofty
    cofty

Maybe for the moment you can try the Refresh Gravatar button which should swap your pic for one of the generic monsters.

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

I did, but it didn't work either.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It's a low priority for sure but if there's any chance of getting this fixed Simon I'd love to bring Gromit back.

Aww c'mon, look into those eyes 😀

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

*cough cough*

Excuse me 😏

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

It's still broken. Guess Simon is still busy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit