Just saw the segment on the 4 corners documentary involving Erwin Zaklin

by joe134cd 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Two observations here.

(1) I just saw a segment on the 4 corners documentary involving Erwin Zalkin. The U.S lawyer involved in the law suites against watchtower. I couldn’t help but think how much he has exponentially aged. In the time that I have been watching him, for just under a decade, i was surprised at the accelerated rate at which he has aged. To be honest I thought he looked a rather frail, physically weak, old man. I guess dealing with WT has proven to be a tough nut to crack and has taken its toll. Just wondering if anyone else picked up on this.

(2)For those Australians out there. Im curious about how the 4 corners documentary was received in the PIMI JW community.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

1. He was born on 14-09-1954. His age is 67.

12 years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Vv5hgdpSw

• zachias
    zachias

In Australia its my understanding that a "dont watch it" note was sent out so the PIMI didnt watch, but, have no doubts they will be all full- bottles on what it was about. The note may have been from the branch or not but such is the mind set of jw then they would not have watched the 4 corners program.

• alanv
    alanv

Really excellent documentary. very professional and informative

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    zachias - "In Australia its my understanding that a 'dont watch it' note was sent out..."

Clearly, the Org has never heard of the Streisand Effect.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When people are told not to do something they usually do it just out of curiosity`s sake .

• skin
    skin
    When people are told not to do something they usually do it just out of curiosity`s sake .

Individually they might sneak a look, but as a group or family, the fear control would take over and everyone around them would hear about how Satan is using this documentary to promote lies.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

And their update #7 will be used to hammer it into the mind and memory of members not to WATCH it.

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Governing Body Update #7 is being played this week in place of the 15 minute part "Keep Training Your Powers of Discernment." There is a lot coming out about WT right now and the 8 Popes knew it was coming. They have delayed court cases in many places and now time has run out, it's either go to court or settle! WT does not want rank and file or even the elders watching what is going on. Someone mentioned that this could have the Streisand Effect. A phenomenon that occurs when an attempt to hide, remove, or censor information has the unintended consequence of increasing awareness of that information. I hope that it does have this effect.

P.S. I watched the 4 Corners documentary yesterday and I didn't hear any inaccurate statements!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Anybody know if the 4 corners documentary is available for viewing in the US?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit