What questions would you ask a LOYAL JW, when/if you get a chance ???

by run dont walk 11 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Well, my family has started to call me out of the blue, (after years of no contact).

So, get your thinking caps on.

What questions are the best to throw at loyal JW's, to show they are wrong, or at least get them thinking ?????

• minimus
    minimus

I've raised flip-flop issues. The KEY is to be subtle. Overtly attacking will never work with a loyal JW. Actually, I think a JW HAS to have at least a few doubts if they are to even think about an issue directed toward them.

• teejay
    teejay

"Hello _________. How's it going today?"

• dmouse
    dmouse

I agree with Minimus, be subtle.

What about asking them, because you have been away so long, for an update on the CURRENT thinking on such issues as 'the generation'; who is the king of the South now that the USSR is so weak?, what about the political entity that will attack JWs just before Armagedon ('no speculation' now but used to be UN).

They will be pleased that you are taking an interest but in reality they will be exposed to the fact that 'truth' is ever changing and may realise that something is screwy with that.

• blondie
    blondie

I would wait and see what they ask me. It's like shooting in the dark when I try to figure what they want to talk about.

Blondie

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

Ask them this: Why do you teach that those faithful before Jesus came to earth will be ressurected here on the earth when Hebrews 11:13-16 says (speaking of Abraham,Sara and Noah)

(from the Living Bible)

13) These men of faith I have mentioned died without ever receiveing all that God had promised them; but they saw it all awaiting them on ahead and were glad, for they agreed that this earth was not their real home but that they were just strangers visiting down here. 14) And quite obviously when they talked like that, they were looking forward to their real home in heaven.15)If they had wanted to, they could have gone back to the good things of this world. 16)But they didn't want to. They were living for heaven. And now God is not ashamed to be called thier God, for he has made a heavenly city for them.

I would think this would definitely put a damper on the "144,000 only" theory. By the way, ask them where the great crowd are in Rev. 19:1?

"After this I heard the shouting of a vast crowd IN HEAVEN."

• little witch
    little witch

''Are you happy''?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I don't question them at all. First, they have no answers I could accept. Second, I really have no unanswered questions.

I just treat them like a new acquaintance. They are just passing through. We have nothing in common anymore. They service none of my needs and I have nothing for them.

My Jehovah’s Witness relatives do not contact me. I am not very open to any contact from them. I am very satisfied as things are, without them. They were controlling, manipulative, condescending, and all in all, disruptive. Their place was not saved for them to walk right back into whenever they feel like it. They have done damage and they will need to make amends and then convince me they are free from the influences of the high control religious group.

I am comfortable in the knowledge that they are gone and I have adjusted.

I would not waste my time trying to question them with the hidden agenda of creating a dissonance in them in hopes they leave their group. First, they are not worth it. Second, I want them to stay right where they are.

• integ
    integ

Why won't you agree to an OPEN discussion about your religion?

You may not need to ask them anything. If they're coming around, it may indicate a desire on their part to see what's really out there. Your being a happy satisfied person apart from the wbts may be witness enough to the fallacy that all who are not a part of the organization are unhappy, selfish, and godless people. Let them ask the questions, and it might surprise you.

My two cents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit