Recording judicial matters for the file

by Fadeaway1962 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Hi I'm not sure if I remember it correctly but in the mid 2000 onwards I thought matters were recorded by the name bro so &so and the scripture say Colossians 3:5 then say "uncleanness" .

Which according to jws could mean almost anything of a sexual nature including child abuse ,so people could be hiding behind that .

Or have I remembered correctly.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

They stopped mentioning ANYTHING related to what a person did from the platform other than "so and so is publicly reproved". This has to go back 40 or more years.

More recently, perhaps 20 or 25 years ago, they even stopped mentioning whether a person was DF'd or DA'd. It just became that "so and so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses".

I know that there were some lawsuits relating to libel about having something publicly read from the platform regarding what a person did in his/her personal life. They then decided to made it a very generic announcement.

Rub a Dub

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Thanks

For the elders file that they stopped writing out all the details of the wrongdoing and we were instructed just to write the name and a scripture regarding the judicial committee.

As you said it was for in case someone got access to the file they wouldn't know what the judicial action taken for , as there was just a scripture,so could not take court action.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit