Just wondering...

by zeena1998 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• little witch
    little witch

I was forced to go to ''meetings'' (funny how jw's don't object to the word church anymore), until I was 16. I never bought into the crap. I was quite the rebel.

I researched the org. at the age of 14, found cult books (non- fiction) at the library, telling all the stuff about the millerite movement, Rutherford, etc. Back then, the dubs denied any knowledge of them. At least in the congregation We attended.

Nobody had a clue, I confronted them, and was told that it was a lie. It was bogus, I hated them all, found them boring, stupid, brainwashed, and backwards. Not my cup of tea.

Also the they never practiced what they preached. Of course, being ahead of my time, they avoided confrontations with me, never bugged me to be baptised, or whatnot. I called a spade a spade, ask hard questions, and scared them shitless.

So when I was 16, they let me alone. I feel very bad for those who have family in. It was my step-monster and her family who were associated with the dubs, so I was quite willing to walk away, I was the first in the family to do so however, so I bore the brunt of it. Blazed the path, so to speak.

• breal
    breal

The organization was not a healthy place for me. Simple as that. I found wonderful, supportive, positive, loving people who accepted me for me. I realized that I did not need to be a witness to be a good person.

• zeena1998
    zeena1998

Thanks for taking the time and sharing your stories!

I find the whole mentality interesting and sad all at the same time. I can only say that I am so happy for you who see that there is happiness outside of the borg and that you CAN be a good person without the affiliation., kwim?

Andie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit