JW's in the Hot Seat in Czech Republic

by Sea Breeze 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Looks like things are heating up in the Czech Republic over the horrifying practice of shunning children that ask the "wrong" questions. Kids now days have access to all of the Watchtower's lies, manipulations, unnecessary deaths, flip flops, rejection of Jesus as Mediator etc, etc. etc.

I predict this issue of shunning children will continue to threaten free government money that the WT receives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqfSONg_ZEY&t=287s

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Russia. Spain. Norway. Czech Republic. Brazil.

7,300+ Dominoes Falling Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images -  iStock | Dominoes falling circle

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Is there a newspaper link to this Sea Breeze?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Good to see EU countries are waking up to the abuse and beginning to hold Watchtower's feet to the fire.

• Earnest
    Earnest

In the video @04:16 it is obvious that this relates to the Slovak Republic (https://www.culture.gov.sk/en/), not the Czech Republic. However, the online magazine which reported it is Czech (https://www.reflex.cz/).

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

This is why I wonder if the GB will continue to introduce sweeping changes to the org.

Were the recent changes simply a smokescreen to JW's in order to slide in the change to practises surrounding disfellowshipping and butter up Norway and by extension the EU?

Its going to be interesting to see what happens next.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Were the recent changes simply a smokescreen to JW's in order to slide in the change to practices surrounding disfellowshipping and butter up Norway and by extension the EU?

That seems obvious. I would suspect they may think they just have to formally make these changes but attempt to not really change things, which is kind of what they did with the Blood Issue in (was it Bulgaria?). If someone refuses to "repent" then they still won't be DF'd. Instead they will have DA'd themselves by their actions.

It will particularly be interesting to see if any real changes are limited to Europe, where they have their tit in the ringer already. The USA isn't going to stick its nose into religious issues -- not even shunning.

They better be cautious. There are NO secrets anymore. IF they try to just fake change, it will be exposed on the internet.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

DOC - and here I am exposing them now:

I am shunned by family and former (false) friends. Even DF'd people don't want to speak to me. Even their pets refuse to let me scratch behind their ears.

There - I have disputed their softer approach to shunning.

• Syme
    Syme

On the one hand, they have to do something about the sh*tstorm of lawsuits which has gained unprecedented momentum in recent years. On the other hand, if they ditch shunning completely they will collapse.

The important thing is they keep shunning apostates. From personal experience, and I'm sure you've known the same, it doesn't really matter if one who is DF'd for smoking or fornication, but otherwise continues to believe in JWs, is shunned or not; they can ditch the shunning there with little cost. They will even advertise it to throw courts off their trail. But if they ditch shunning for apostates.. well. The "matter of conscience" trick will work for non-dogmatic DFings, but for apostates they have to keep a tight ship. That's where the legal battles must target to.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" That's where the legal battles must target to. " That would be great, but Courts around the World will shy away from any such action I fear, for a number of fairly valid reasons.

But, as Shunning someone the Org. labels as Apostate, under their catch all, and broad, interpretation of the word, does remove the Human Rights of the individuals shunned.

Human Rights always take precedence over religious belief and practice, or should do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit