Blondie's Comments on the 1-18-2015 WT Study (HOLY)

by blondie 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

14 After considering a few spiritual treasures from Leviticus, you may bethinking, ‘I now have a better understanding of reasons why this book has been included in God’s inspired Word.’ (2 Timothy 3:16)You may now be more determined to prove yourself holy, not only because Jehovah requires it but because he deserves your earnest effort to please him. Perhaps what you have learned about Leviticus in these two articles has increased your desire to dig more deeply into the Scriptures in general.

Indeed! Why don't we dig more deeply into Deuteronomy and learn about the holiness Jehovah requires?

In light of the legal problems WT has been having, what is the proper, holy way to handle a situation where a man rapes a young girl? Deut. 22: 28, 29 gives clear insight into Jehovah's view of matters where it is written:

28 “If a man happens to meet a virgin girl who is not engaged and he seizes her and lies down with her and they are discovered,+ 29 the man who lay down with her must give the girl’s father 50 silver shekels, and she will become his wife.+ Because he humiliated her, he will not be allowed to divorce her as long as he lives.

Here, Jehovah's Law is very clear that if a man, who probably already has several wives, rapes a pre-teen girl, his punishment is that he now must purchase the girl as a slave... his own sex slave. This will be the only life this woman will ever know. Every day until either one of them dies, she will be his property and must call her rapist "my lord and husband".

These are the things that WT calls "treasures".

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, the WTS says that God's organization most clearly started when the nation of Israel was set up with the giving of the law and the people's agreement to follow it.  Before that there was no national organization. The word "organization" is not in the bible but the WTS dances around that in this QFR.

*** w81 5/1 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers ***

Since the word “organization” does not occur in the Bible, even in its original languages, what right do we have to say that God has an organization or to speak of God’s organization?

A modern Hebrew word for “organization” is the noun ir·gun. It is drawn from the Hebrew verb e·rag, which means “to arrange in line,” as well as “to follow.” Correspondingly, an organization is an arrangement of things. (For an example of this, one can refer to “Things in Which It Is Impossible for God to Lie,” chapter 17, paragraph 28, in the Hebrew edition.)

The Hebrew language has another word equivalent for “organization,” namely, histadruth. This word is based upon a word that is found in the original Hebrew Scriptures. The basic or key letters in the word histadruth are s and d and r. With these three consonants is built up the Hebrew verb sadar, which means, basically, “to arrange in order,” thus producing an arrangement. The reflexive form of the verb sadar serves as the basis for the noun histadruth, which means “organization.” Although we do not find this word in the inspired Hebrew Scriptures

• hoser
    hoser

Something  from the watchtower study I attended today.  One of the elders commented that no one should be stumbled if someone shows up at the meeting with liquor on their breath.  

I wonder if that applies to me on Sunday morning after I've been on an all night bender?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hmmm, how much liquor would I need to down to attend a KH meeting?

"Okay Marge, I'm ready to go to the Kingdom Hall!"

• blondie
    blondie
    I was in one congregation where the congregation servant had been a practicing alcoholic for years.  He was arrested for DUI one Sunday by the KH.  Finally the other servants had the new MS tell him to stop drinking or he would be removed.  That explained a lot of problems in that family.  Interestingly, the son was df'd for alcoholism.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

@Blondie said 

The basic or key letters in the word histadruth are s and d and r.

I also noted that some other key letters in that word are H-S-and T. With those three consonants we can build up the word SHIT, which is what much of what was trotted out today was!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit