Ministry in John 3:16

by JW Answers 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

A lot of false teaching darkens our doors today, especially with Watchtower teachings, Calvinism and Lordship Salvation.

Latest video below explores the verse John 3:16 and shows forth the truths which Christ preached to Nicodemus.

The JWs also spread fear amongst their followers stating that if the leave the org, then Jehovah will strike them down at Armageddon. This video covers this same fear.

Feel free to watch below.

• vienne
    vienne

This is far worse than Watchtower theology.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I believe it’s God’s plan that everyone will be saved because that’s what scripture says to me and is consistent with the superlative love and power I believe God has to bring about his will. Because 2 Peter says

Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

So the question I would ask is: is Jehovah able to bring about his wishes? Scripture tells us God wants everyone to be saved. If that’s what Jehovah wants to happen then that is what is going to happen. What can prevent the will of God? He is being patient with everyone until everyone is ready for redemption. Every single person. No exceptions.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Nathan,

It is obvious that you love the Lord.

You did a good job on John 3:16 aside from your understanding of perishing.

What do you think will happen to those who never heard the gospel; BC and AD?

Will they ever get a first chance? Will Jesus draw them at some point?

Or is the devil going to beat God and have his desire inflicted on 90% of the world that God loves?

BTW I agree with your stand against Reformed Theology. Makes God and the devil in cahoots.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ SBF - Has anyone ever committed the unforgivable sin? Pharisees?

(Matthew 23:15) “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you travel over sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one, you make him a subject for Gehenna twice as much so as yourselves.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Further to SBF: For the most part I agree with your assertion.

I completely decry every Christian individual/denomination who preempt Christ's/God's judgment by pronouncing an eternal death sentence on anyone/everyone whose beliefs contradict theirs.

Their "version" of Almighty God and his son implies a mass-murdering of billions of people for being stupid, deceived, scripturally uneducated, not joining their sect of Christianity, etc. etc.

Leave it to the judge, please!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think if we take scriptures like 1 Timothy 2:4 seriously then it says it is God’s will that everyone will be saved. That presumably includes Pharisees as everyone else.

1 Tim 2 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Slim

That might be nice and would certainly encourage sin if believed...but free will and the predominance of scripture seems to suggest that God will destroy the wicked...post resurrection.

Here is just one:

Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jesus said: with God, all things are possible.

1 Tim 2:4 says it is the will of God that everyone will be saved. Who can thwart the will of God? Some will have a rockier road to redemption than others, but the ultimate destination is sure, because it is the will of God.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Unfortunately we can.

God has given mankind free will. Love requires the freedom to reject.

Calvinism denies man freedom to love, universalism the freedom to reject it.

God's will submits to ours.

Grace is always resistible. Demons attest to that...as does the lake of fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit