The Letter from my Mom to my new wife.

by CraigSA 31 Replies latest jw friends

• CraigSA
    CraigSA

This is the letter my mother wrote to my wife. Who does she think she is? Dear Leanne, Thank you once more for the photos; we are building up quite a collection! I was so sorry to hear that the children are ill- this is a bad time of the year for sicknesses. You must be quite worried, especially if Kevin has pneumonia, which can be very nasty. I do think if the children are so ill it would be better not to bring them out to the airport. Perhaps rather when we get back. I have a parcel for them which I think perhaps I will post, just in case, as I don't think I want to carry it across the world with me! I also have some things of Craig's which I came across that I also want to get to him. It is a lot of his things from his schooldays that I think he would enjoy showing you- photos of plays he was in and souvenirs of shows he was involved with, also letters from people he helped with stage productions. I think there are also school reports and testimonials, which by the way sing his praises! He was very involved in a number of activities at school and got a lot of recognition for them. It was through his involvement with Debating, that Derrick and I became adjudicators in the Inter-Schools Debating Competition. We really enjoyed doing that, but had to stop when we moved up here. We don't have enough schools here, and then they are mostly Afrikaans! Did Craig tell you about the play he and I wrote for the Interhouse Play Festival? We wrote it, he produced and directed it, and it won First Prize. We wrote a sequel the next year and of course, won again. I think the year after that he was in Matric, and was not eligible to enter, but the fun and fame was great while it lasted! I would like to try and explain our standpoint on our relationship with Craig, to you. As Jehovah's Witnesses, we take our faith very seriously, and have utter belief in the Bible. we brought our children up in that belief, and each one of them made the decision to dedicate, or consecrate their life to serving God as a Witness. Nobody forced them or made them do it; in fact when a person decides that is what he or she want to do, the elders in their congregation meet with that person over a period of time, to ensure that the decision is heartfelt and certain. At the appropriate time the person is baptised in symbol of that dedication. They are baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:41. It sometimes happens that a baptised person commits a grave sin and then the elders would do they can to help that person. Disfellowshipping is a step taken only as a last resort, when the person has refused help, and remains unrepentant. It is a sad thing, not done without prayerful consideration. It often has the effect of making the disfellowshipped person regret their actions and seek forgiveness when they are of course welcomed back into the congregation. Disfellowshipping also helps keep the congregation clean and in good standing before God.The early Christians also followed this arrangement. Paul wrote to theThessalonian Congregation, concerning a wrongdoer who had not been expelled, but how they were to treat him at 2Thes. 3:6, 11 13-15. But he also had to remind the Corinthian Congregation how to treat a disfellowshipped person at 1 Cor.5:11 and we have further instruction at 2John 9,10. Of course nothing stops a disfellowshipped one from attending Christian meetings and naturally if they want to return to being a member of the congregation, if they no longer are doing anything to prevent their return they can be re-instated.(2 Cor 2: 5-8) Some people however, after being counselled , who show no repentance, and are disfellowshipped, then turn away and join other religions. One may think that is fine, at least they still believe in God, but the point is that when we are baptised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses we are baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19,20) Therefore, by denying that dedication we made we grieve the Holy Spirit (Eph 4:30) This is very serious as Paul shows in Hebrews 6: 4-8. I do hope this helps you to understand a bit better. Jesus' words at Matthew 10: 32- 39 are very fitting in this instance., I am sure you will agree.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

guess she thinks she is a loyal JW trying to "help"

gotta love them

• mouthy
    mouthy

She thinks this is the beginning of your wifes "entry" into her paradise.... She is wrong on the baptism thing-The dont get baptised into FATHER,SON & HOLY SPIRIT,Its the organization... Big differance ...I would like to know what your wife said about it..... (((hug)) Forgive she knows not what she is doing!!!!

• shamus
    shamus

That letter just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I gotta puke.

Just shows the ridiculousness of how they think. They quote scriptures, but don't look aheaad of them, or after them. Is your husband a drunkard, a fornicator, an idolatror? Probably not. She forgot to include those scriptures.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

The letter is almost verbatim to the way my mother-in-law described to me why she was shunning my husband (her son) when he was disfellowshipped. I wonder if they just "cut and paste" this from somewhere?

• dedalus
    dedalus

Shamus wrote:

Just shows the ridiculousness of how they think. They quote scriptures, but don't look aheaad of them, or after them. Is your husband a drunkard, a fornicator, an idolatror? Probably not. She forgot to include those scriptures.
    I looked up Criag's posts, and this is his back-story, which puts his mother's letter into perspective (or, more accurately, whacks it out of perspective):

Well mine is a long story. I was Df'd last year already, but because my mom and sister still kept in contact, my hypocritical brother and father (two of the biggest sinners around) are still all haughty and full of crap, i did not feel the df all that much. That was until I got married again and started going to the local methodist church with my wife. I finally found religious people who were real and not fake and hypocritical. Now I joined the church I am now an apostate and my family now just put the phone down on my ear when I call.

My dad was df'd for about 6 months when he was found shagging his secretary, he was the freekin presiding overseer and they let him back and now he is an elder again.

I simply want out so i divorce the JW wife I had and move to Johannesburg. They DF me without even meeting with me so even though I went through judicial hearings before, i did not go through this one, they df'd me without even meeting with me.

Now i have started with the methodists they make another announcement in my old confregation, the new one i had just moved to, my parents congregation, my sisters congregation and my brothers congreation that i am now apostate.

But I have never been closer to the lord - ever. Now I am but then....well you guys now how empty the truth really is....

All this makes it really interesting when Witness mommy tells Methodist daughter-in-law:

It sometimes happens that a baptised person commits a grave sin and then the elders would do they can to help that person.

Craig's "grave sin," it seems, is joining a different religion, the religion of his wife (whatever he was disfellowshipped for doesn't seem to have mattered much to his mother and sister -- switching religions, on the other hand, cut off ties).

Witness Mommy, with all her tact and tolerance, has just told her daughter-in-law that her religion is a "grave sin."

What a fine Witness!

Dedalus

• Emma
    Emma

She's "witnessing", counting her time.

• SYN
    SYN

Geesh! Essentially what she's saying is, "Because of what is written in a 2,000 year old book, which is interpreted for us by people of nearly the same age, we have to treat our son as if he is dead."

Lovely...

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

We really enjoyed doing that, but had to stop when we moved up here. We don't have enough schools here, and then they are mostly Afrikaans!

Oh my God! And her point was? Oh yeah, she was explaining why disfellowshiping keeps the congregation clean. Does she segregate her car group on Saturdays? I am a white chick, but that sentence flashed in neon colors to me!

• sandy
    sandy
    I wonder if they just "cut and paste" this from somewhere?

Yeh, from their ass.

We don't have enough schools here, and then they are mostly Afrikaans!

Really, what is up with that comment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit