2020-02-27 German Coronavirus Letter!

by Atlantis 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2020-02-27 German Coronavirus Letter. I will have to wait and see if we can also get the S-147 in German. (Announcements and Reminders)

Petra!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thank you!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Translation? Or gist. Thanks

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Translation by Google Translate

N ALL ASSEMBLIES Dealing with Contagious Diseases

Dear Brothers, Recently, some have expressed concern that the Corona virus could affect our fraternity. It remains to be seen whether there will actually be a significant outbreak of this virus. In any case, this letter serves to provide you with spiritual and practical guidance in the event of a sudden increase in infectious diseases in your environment. What practical steps can I take to protect myself and others in the congregation? We can demonstrate “practical wisdom” by implementing simple suggestions (Prov. 3:21). Experts recommend that the best steps you can take yourself are to wash your hands frequently with soap and water, to avoid visiting crowded places and to keep coughing and sneezing etiquette and a sufficient distance from the sick. Since it is not possible to tell whether someone has already been infected, it is advisable to avoid normal greetings, such as shaking hands or hugs, in acute infection periods. Also, you shouldn't touch your mouth, nose or eyes unnecessarily with your hands. If you have symptoms such as fever, cough or breathing problems, please do not hesitate to consult a doctor immediately. It is beneficial for publishers to follow the current warnings from the authorities and to read the articles mentioned in our publications on the subject. You can find examples of this in the following issues of Erwachet !: No. 6 2016, pages 4-6; June 2015, pages 3-5, and June 22, 1989, pages 18-21. The corona virus can spread through human-to-human transmission. In Philippians 2: 4 it says: “Do not only have your own interests in mind, but also those of others.” If you therefore suffer from flu-like symptoms, it is best at the very early stages to limit your contact with others and thereby them to protect against a possible infection. If a publisher had symptoms of illness, he would undoubtedly take good advice to avoid close contact with other brothers in the period when he could infect others with the virus (John 13:35). Persons who have been in a risk area designated by the authorities should avoid unnecessary contacts - even if they have no signs of illness - and stay at home if possible. Elders should help these people take full advantage of alternative gathering arrangements. How will it affect my assembly activities if a widespread outbreak of the virus occurs in my area? It is certainly appropriate to take the current situation seriously. At the same time, however, we should not overreact or panic, thereby putting our mental routine at risk. Arrangements for the gatherings of the congregation and the field service may need to be adjusted to shorten travel distances or overflow

in order to be able to correctly assess the situation on site and to organize the meetings and the field service accordingly. Jehovah's people have a clear understanding of the events that occur deep in the time of the end, and that helps us act sensibly. The characteristics of the sign that Jesus gave for the last few days and that was recorded for us in Luke 21:11 also include epidemics. These events therefore strengthen our hope and belief that the new system of things is getting closer (Luke 21:31). In these turbulent times, we pray that Jehovah will continue to take care of you (1 Pet. 5: 6, 7). Your brothers, D .: Kreisaufseher

PS for the Kreisaufseher: If you have a Kreiskongress this weekend, we ask you to have this letter read in the morning. Thank you very much. PS for the coordinator of the body of elders: Please have this letter read to the assembly at the first meeting after receipt. The letter must then be posted on the notice board for a month

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Couple of points.

1. I imagine door to door witnessing transmission would be popular with the public.

2. They can't help getting a little dig in about the end of days.

Otherwise, bog standard instructions.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

slimboyfat:

road to nowhere:

Slidin Fast:

------------------------------

Thank you!

Petra!
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I noticed in the letter that there was nothing against holding the boasting sessions in the first place, and that field circus is business as usual with the precautions against unnecessary physical contact. How do they know that householders won't cough in their faces, either inadvertently or on purpose? Or they won't be in contact with high concentrations of viruses on surfaces in houses of studies? (Or spread viruses, even before symptoms show up, to healthy people in field circus?)

I would advise that they cancel these boasting sessions altogether, and suspend field circus. It simply is not worth catching or spreading this, or any regular flu, by going door to door with a message that is simply to help joke-hova to enslave the whole planet. Go online and do independent research on the whole religion--or, if you must, find digital streams of these boasting sessions. Last I knew, it is not possible to upload coronavirus via the Internet.

And, while you are at it, stock up on food and household supplies while you still can. Not a peep was mentioned in that letter, or in the translation, about that. Get those cleaning supplies, toiletries, and food now. Rice and legumes make sense to stock up on. Also, canned foods (normally I do not advise that because of the preservatives and MSG added, but this is not normal and fresh produce will not be available in a lockdown or supply cutoff). Canned meat and vegetables are available, and better than nothing. Also, you can get boxed potatoes and spices (whatever spices you like on them), powdered milk, quinoa and farro, iodized (but not fluoridated) salt, and other basic staples. Don't forget fun items--no need to make this an austerity exercise. Nothing wrong with crackers, cookies, candy, and the like at a time like this. Peanut butter is also good to have--and those burrito wraps are good for bread.

And supplements. If they are available where you live, I advise everyone to take them. Vitamin C (at least 500 mg per day; 1,000 is better), zinc (50 mg per day is advised), and herbs that help the immune system are a good idea. Echinacia, astragalus, oregano oil, and elderberry extract are good ideas, and there are probably others. Get at least 500 mg of magnesium and 6 mg of boron per day to help prevent whatever monosodium glutamate you get from ruining your brain--they prevent this from drawing too much calcium into neurons. Of note: In many parts of the world, you cannot get these vitamins and minerals at all, or they come in extremely tiny doses and are exorbitantly expensive.

Where is that information in the letter? I would advise stopping all boasting session attendance and field circus, putting the time and money you otherwise would have wasted therein into stocking up on basic groceries, and donate nothing to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. For the time being, I even advise putting food and supplies ahead of buying silver or gold. Silver and gold make sense for a simple economic crisis, but will do nothing against a supply chain disruption where you can't get things at all.

• alanv
    alanv

Haha they just couldnt resist putting something in the letter about epidemics

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

By the way, aren't those the same folks who opposed vaccinations?

"Spiritual guidance" doesn't do anything to protect you; they should have referenced to the expert information by listing it in the letter. Their information is just regurgitated thirdhand information from the proper sources.

https://www.rki.de/EN/Home/homepage_node.html
    https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/en/press/2020/coronavirus.html#c17363
    https://www.infektionsschutz.de/hygienetipps/hygiene-beim-husten-und-niesen

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Read the letter at the morning of the circuit assembly? They should be cancelling the assembly! Watchtower should be ahead of the game here. If they don’t do it, governments probably will, in the next few weeks.

They could broadcast meetings from bethel for a few weeks and people could watch it from home. (Or not, as they wish) They have the infrastructure to do this in place in many countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit