What was the "final straw" that made you leave the JW's ??????

by run dont walk 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

The hypocrisy was so thick and the "Borg-Org" mentality made everything a joke and waste of time. I could actually see the lies bleeding from the minds of the R&F.

Also, something that made me so upset that I almost grabbed someone and slammed him against the wall (but I didn't--I just acted like I did not see anything) I saw someone taking money out of the donation box and putting the money in his pocket! I got a lot more to say about this and I am still thinking about pressing theft charges against this person just because $300.00 of that money (cash) was what I just dropped in the box around twenty minutes before! I even had checks from time to time that was NEVER CASHED. --Just turned up missing! Oh well! At least I never lost that money and it did not go to waste!!

It is a good thing I never pursued anything. I could have done a lot of damage to many people in a fit of rage. But it just does not matter anymore! NOBODY CARES in the Security Kingdom Hall anyway.

• Jayson
    Jayson

For those who don't know me I have never been a JW. I married onto the cult. I was unprepared and unenlightened at to what the borg is.

The final and last straw for me was when my father in law said that the goal (his goal!) was to hurt his daughter and her family. That's the reason for having a relationship with us. That way she knows that it will stop if she just comes back. (she is deft) All ties were broken at that point with all JW's.

"By the fruits they bare you will know them."

To many stories like this make it an isolated case.

• the insider
    the insider

When the WTS came out with their public statements about how they deal with molesters and I know from personal experiance this was a BIG LIE!!! Also, and elder told me that and I quote "if a 13 year was seductive, the judgement would be less severe". Nice load of BS!! I have too may "good" quotes, some on tape to post here, as my hands would be to tired.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

First it was date-line and watching how the victims are treated. Made me SICK! Then going to silentlambs website and seeing how huge a problem it is. Reading COC, then finding out from their own literature, ( you can find it in the WT 3/1/79 page 23 ) which states: the writings of the christian greek scriptures were inspired and infallible but that is not true of other writings since. That did it. Amost coming up on a year now, with NO regrets.

from IMANALIENTO logging on to hubbys ID

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Great stories everyone, and thanks

• zev
    zev

this was the straw that broke the camels back for me:

• amen
    amen

Lot's of things made me quit being a JW. One big blow is that i noticed that they lied about living here on earth and the scripture never said that a christian will leave on earth but to heavens.

So since the did not get that right i questioned a lot of other things and read the bible a lot and i discovered they are wrong on many issues such as the blood transfusion and so on.

It is therefore logic to me that staying any longer is a waste of time.So I left.

amen

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Ascot, I loved your comment:

also used to think that the "truth" should be able to stand on its own, and that reading other ideas (even from those horrid apostates ) could never destroy something that is "truth".

That was how I always felt whenever we'd be out in service and one of us in the car group would get a piece of literature that was handed to us by the person. I always felt that it was somehow unfair that we could expect them to take our literature, but we couldn't take theirs. I've just been out long enough now, 4 years to want to really start trying gradually to get some info to my ex and my sister and family. I'm DF'd anyways, so, adding "apostate" to my name won't bother me! LOL!

Terri

• blondie
    blondie
    also used to think that the "truth" should be able to stand on its own, and that reading other ideas (even from those horrid apostates ) could never destroy something that is "truth".

I always think of a marriage. A good marriage will not be destroyed because the husband or wife associate with people of the opposite sex. For example, at work, I work with over 25 men in my immediate office alone. Should I assume that I am more likely to cheat on my husband than if I only worked with other women?

Blondie

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

While doing some research for a talk, I stumbled upon the web site 607vs587BCE. I had always been very careful about not going on Apostate sites. This web site blew me away. I couldn't believe all the research that guy did and that gave me the courage to look at a few other web sites and then I ordered CofC and it was all over. I am very fortunate that my husband and two kids came out shortly thereafter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit