Do you still believe in the debil?

by Brummie 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Faraon
    Faraon
    The Easter Bunny doesn't really exist. It is a guy in a suit

Next time you're going to say doG (sorry, I am dyslexic) or Santa do not exist. I know Satan (I told you I'm dyslexic) is not a guy in a red suit giving gifts because he would come every Christmas to bring me toys.

I really miss him. He stopped coming when my parents became JWs!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Are we talking about Lucifer, Satan or Baelzebub?

If you mean devil as in evil, yes. I believe that there is something out there--some sort of entity/ies that feeds on the evil that humans do to one another. These must be fat times for them.

Robyn

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Robdar,

You are correct, we make our own Devils here on earth.

Will

• berten
    berten

No,I found it too debilitating...

• Robdar
    Robdar

did you ever wonder if the devil was just misunderstood????

Xena,

I do wonder. I have decided that Lucifer, in particular, is misunderstood by Christians. Lucifer means "light bearer" he is also called the "morning star".

Robyn

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Are we talking about Lucifer, Satan or Baelzebub?

Robdar its interesting that you have seperated the 3, I have never done that before so I dont know what to think anymore, I thought they were all one?

Xena when you say the debil maybe misunderstood do you think therefore he should be pitied or at least sympathised with? I'm just asking out of curiosity, inquiring minds are interested in alternative veiws.

Brummie

• Xena
    Xena

I ment misunderstood more in that perhaps there there is more to the story than we are aware of....lol I doubt the devil wants pity, he doesn't strike me as the pity party type....

but he does seem to have been condemed on circumstancial evidence.....at least in the garden of eden....and after that well if you are damned as a villain, why not play the part? I guess I just tend to see him as the scapegoat for some unacountable things gone wrong....

Can you imagine though what it must have been like living in Jesus' shadow? The big brother who could do no wrong? So you decided to strike out on your own perhaps...do something to impress Dad...and it backfires on you like you never believed...you are kicked out of the house and shunned..so you cut loose a bit...I mean what the heck they already think badly of you...pretty soon every bad thing that happens is blamed on YOU...

the bible has a lot of unanswered questions and I have a fertile imagination...

• Brummie
    Brummie
    but he does seem to have been condemed on circumstancial evidence

Oh I seeeee, yes I get it now, I would also be totally p*ssed off if I was forever being condemned on circumstancial evidence. In this sense he is misunderstood, interesting Xena,

so you cut loose a bit

An underestimation perhaps? lol

Brummie

• Soledad
    Soledad

I don't believe in god or the debil. that way Im never disappointed.

not an original thought. I got that from some weird movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit