Any word yet on the Annual Meeting?

by careful 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I posted about this a couple weeks ago. A couple years ago They made a big hoopla about being able to now broadcast it at assembly halls and k h's. and this year nothing. Hmmm

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Maybe there is some sort of crisis going on at the headquarters and things are falling apart quicker than we expected.
  • asp59
    asp59

Annual meeting is abouth Good news. With they are not having.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

if its on the 6th of october then there is only 5 days to go

• Listener
    Listener
    They've either got nothing to say or it's too expensive to televise, my money is on the cost cutting.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I haven't heard anything about the meeting itself but new outfits are being purchased and after parties are being planned. It's the final social event of 2018.

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

Listener: "They've either got nothing to say or it's too expensive to televise, my money is on the cost cutting."

I doubt cost cutting would be the issue. Even if it's a live internet broadcast/stream... the tech is already in place from previous broadcasts. There's no need to buy broadcast air-time (internet is far cheaper/easier). There's really no cost at all unless they need to rent a bigger auditorium. Modern camera equipment doesn't use up resources like traditional film would (film, developing agents, etc...) . It's all just digital storage that can be wiped and reused as needed. I'm assuming that volunteers run the cameras and lighting.

I haven't heard squat about the annual meeting in JW land. It's either completely uneventful or $hit will hit the fan.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Maybe the cutbacks and changes are so drastic. They want word to trickle out as opposed to freaking out the audience like last year when they cut back the magazine's to 4 a year.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Maybe there is some sort of crisis going on at the headquarters and things are falling apart quicker than we expected.

Rotflmao!!!! Slim, you remain a treasure. Never ever change :)

its nothing. Some may have gotten accustomed to fanfare and broadcast of the annual meeting but it really hasnt happened much. This the norm. Nothing to see here.

• careful
    careful

SBF's wishful thinking:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit