The Danger of Settlements

by Tech49 182 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

WT brought up the argument at the Conti trial, DA and ACS knew about Kendricks, why didn't the gov warn and protect having the duty to protect physically. Instead of unleashing him upon society. WT made it clear at the trial that they provide spiritual protection, they have no legal responsibilty to protect physically.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People who have abused drugs in the past can relapse and commit crimes against family and friends

Nonsensical analogy for drug abuse is an behavioral action by an individual, who may influence others to join in that activity, pedophilia is an action of one individual preying onto to innocent unsuspecting children and the parents of those children.

There is distinctiveness in all wrongful social behavior and each has to be addressed distinctively as well.

That's why child sexual abusers are regulated to whom they can openly associate with upon coming out of prison and comparatively how people who were doing criminal activity in money business matters are handled upon release etc.

The laws of the land are there and devised to protect the population from harm.

The self devised laws or rules by certain organizations have impeded those laws and as a result have been notably detrimental at fault.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    The laws of land are there and devised to protect the population from harm.

That is what trials are all about when someone is accused of harming somebody else.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

WT made it clear at the trial that they provide spiritual protection, they have no legal responsibility to protect physically.

So did the Catholic religion and look what came out those situations.

So what your saying then the Catholic religion and the JWS religion shouldn't have never been held accountable or responsible for their actions ?

Boy with that in depth knowledge of the Judaical law system Fisherman you should be serving of the Supreme court as a judge, you can then straighten everything and everybody out.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

JW tries to reform "these" people which is a lot more than a lot of people do. It is something because it teaches the person to stop himself.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    So what your saying then the Catholic religion and the JWS religion shouldn't have never been held accountable or responsible for their actions

Fin, read Richard Oliver's Kiwanis illustration, please.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Don't need to if this organization intentionally tried to handle a situation of pedophilia all on its own with intent of nondisclosure .

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Like I said earlier, JW defenders like Fisherman focus on legalities because they cannot defend Jehovah's Witnesses morally even by JWs own doctrine regarding reporting wrongdoing. I have to walk away because you disgust me just like your pedo pal organization. I hope the things you protect with glee are never visited upon your family.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Fin, Richard Oliver is saying that people are not liable or held legally accountable for doing things that are not moral, but only if a persons actions or conduct violates the law or causes harm or damages to someone or sonething. You can express outrage about it, but it you try to stop a person from doing something you geel is immoral and that person has a right to do it, you can get in trouble.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

dubstepped you are wrong about that. I have my personal views too and so do wt elders. It is legislation that does the protection, not me and not wt. Just pointing out the law. You don't have to like it and neither do I.

I suggest you readcRichard Olivers posts on non-disclosure protection of church communications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit