Matt Noel: Leaves A Positive Impression

by RAYZORBLADE 12 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Honestly, I could not help myself.

Since I have been on this forum since January of this year, I have encountered many fine and wonderful people. This forum (thanks Simon) has been a very welcoming and good place for me to venture to on a daily basis.

When Mattnoel joined this forum, he was very discreet, and mild mannered.

One day, he took a very brave step and 'Came Out' on this forum.

I was not only impressed with his courage, but his honesty and general demeanor. In my opinion, Matt has left a very positive impression, and he (Yes Matt) enabled me to be more frank and honest about my own sexuality.

It's not that anything needs to be dangled or shoved into anyones face. But there is something to be said for those who struggled internally and miserably with their sexuality while doing their damnest at being a Jehovah's Witness, and broke free as a result.

It's no secret, there are many 'brothers' and 'sisters' in the Borg (closeted gay individuals) who married, therefor living the lie. But some of us, were able to tear ourselves away from such calamity and predictable tragedy.

Anyways, I just wanted to take a moment to share my admiration and respect for this forum member who made it comfortable for even me, yes, ol' Rayzorblade, to feel more comfortable on this forum.

Thank you Matt . You have contributed a great deal to this forum. You have, in my opinion, left a very positive impression here. Personally, I feel he has incorporated respect and dignity in his life, and reflects it when he posts/comments here.

To everyone else: Thank you as well. The support and friendship has been unbelievable.

3 Cheers Matt - you're a great guy.

• Francois
    Francois

Well said my friend on both accounts

francois

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I think both of you, Matt and Ray have showed a great deal of courage in stepping out. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to hide who you really are.

Cheers to you both!

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yes to both of you making a positive impression!

A lot of those who have joined this year are exceptional.

Brummie

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I kid you not folks, I have to hand it to Matt, he was braver than me.

That says plenty. And yes, he's a great person. He has a supportive partner, and he's overall a very grounded and mature individual for his years.

If you have read his story, trust me, it'll move you, no matter how you feel about a 'particular' subject.

Thanks for your comments.

• Jesika
    Jesika

I agree, and I am glad you are both here!!!!!!!!!!

• qwerty
    qwerty

Both you and Matt are valued members of this site.

Qwerty

• Aztec
    Aztec

Now this is a nice thread! I agree with everyone else. You're both tops!

~Aztec

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thanks for the comments folks. Not sure if Matt's been around yet, but I hope he sees this.

I think it'll cheer him up.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

((Matt))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit