What was Jesus last name???

by James Mixon 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Saename
    Saename

James Mixon, whatever one were to say about that, it would be mere speculation. We don't have any evidence. Maybe Joseph was Jesus' father. Or maybe she had an affair. Probably the latter since we know that Mary and Joseph had a fight because of her pregnancy. Maybe Joseph chose to forgive willingly? Maybe he wasn't fed with any excuses? Who knows... Either way, he likely was not told that Mary was impregnated by God since our earliest accounts do not have the virgin birth story. Somehow he chose to forgive her for her affair.

• waton
    waton

pregnant girls usually give birth away from home, is that why they invented the taxation story? "have to go to pay my taxes!", all the way from Galilee to Bethlehem? Prime travel season too.

• Saename
    Saename

No, the taxation story was invented to explain how come Jesus was known as Jesus of Nazareth if, according to the Old Testament, the messiah was supposed to be born in Bethlehem.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Outlaw: LOL Saename: agree just mere speculation but not the virgin birth, that's hard to digest...

• Saename
    Saename

I'm not sure what you mean when you say, "[...] but not the virgin birth, that's hard to digest..."

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes , we can speculate on Jesus name, but the virgin birth no need for speculation because it didn't happen.I believe that Jesus existed and he became bigger then life after each generation telling of the story....On second thought I guess we could speculate on how the story got started (V. birth)...

• Saename
    Saename
    In this case we're in agreement. The virgin birth did not happen. We can of course speculate, by use of abductive inference, how the story got started. It may not be the most productive use of one's time since it is practically inconsequential to atheists, but it is something one can do.
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

What was Jesus last name???

Rodriguez.

Actually, you'll be surprised, but I actually know Jesus' last name. He was known as "Jesus of Nazareth". I guess that "of Nazareth" was his last name. That's how last names started anyway.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Well I guess Mr Nazareth sounds better than Mr. Christ.....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"Jesus Russel Rutherford."

After all, JWs claim him as theirs alone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit