Near Death Experiences Studied By Neurophysiologist And Neuropsychiatrist

by Brokeback Watchtower 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

This guy studied what happens with the human end of life phenomena and offers some interesting insights. Talks about alternate realities, and cultural effects on ones experience. I think some might enjoy the way the whole matter is discussed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78SkTuk8Zd4

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    "The micro-tubal structures within the brain act as a quantum mechanical computer and that it is within that collapse of the wave function that consciousness arises and is woven into the brain cell matrix."

That is a pretty close quote. Makes you wonder if a man-made computer can ever achieve consciousness.

• cofty
    cofty
    The micro-tubal structures within the brain act as a quantum mechanical computer

I don't believe a word of it.

• zeb
    zeb

what an incredible interview. It leads me to relate my own experience.

I was at a gym and overdid it. I felt acute nausea and this I learned later is when your blood pressure plummets.

I got outside and decided to lie down rather than fall down. Another gym customer saw this and I tapped my chest. So the ambulance was called. I recall the ambulance crews put oxygen on me and talk to me. But I was as if many metres away from them. I was no longer male, Australian, a dad, a husband. I had a sense of lightness of exstacy. Have you ever had morphine or pethidine? It was akin to that but so much better. One of the crew said 'we are losing him' and they spoke more vigorously to me, shaking me and they brought me back and I was quite mad that they had done so.

It revealed later I had strained my heart and that I did indeed have a heart condition unknown at that time.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I have always found it interesting that people have recounted conversations or circumstances in great detail while they were dead somewhere else. Also that the vast majority of these NDE are Christian in nature

TTWSYF

• waton
    waton

Circulation and cellular activity were restored in a pig's brain four hours after its death, a finding that challenges long-held assumptions about the timing and irreversible nature of the cessation of some brain functions after death.

<www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190417132805.htm>.

• cofty
    cofty

Waton - there was zero neuron activity. It was nothing more than an experiment in slowing down the degradation of cells. It told us absolutely nothing new about brain function.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I enjoyed listening to him, we can all form our own opinions about these psychic events, culture seems to play very large part on what a person's NDE experiences. Excepting death and leaving everything behind seems to be the most important lesson these experiences tell him.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think there is a lot of wisdom in this video.

Existence and consciousness are mysterious, we don’t know the start of it. Sometimes we don’t notice things that are under our noses, and suffering can be avoided by giving up attachments.

• Humphry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit