LETTER FROM MY DAUGHTER.... NEED YOUR OPINIONS

by calamityjane 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

calamity,

Forgive me for not reading all of the posts. I understand your dilemna and I just wanted to tell you that in my opinion......the only way to protect your child and let her visit your mom, is to teach your daughter where the jw's are wrong and why. I have a daughter the same age who knows what the bible actually teaches and she is capable of handling my family. All maturity levels are different but I don't feel that my daughter is mature for her age compared to others. In fact, she is still very kid-like but she has an understanding of Jesus and that makes her immune to the jw's. My son is only six and I would never allow him to be alone with them because of his age and lack of ability to grasp truth from error just yet. My kids do not ask to visit my parents b/c I take them to visit occasionally and they know not to teach my kids. I don't think that my parents care either way if they ever see my kids or not, truthfully.

The only other thing that you can do imo is to tell your parents that you do not want them to speak about religion with your child and ask your little girl if they do.If they do... Then you have a solid reason to keep her from them and someday she will understand that. To your little girl, it may seem like you are the one who is shunning. If you disagree with those 2 suggestions that maybe you could try to stomach your mom for an houror two once a month while you visit her with your daughter. I'm out of ideas..lol My best to you and your daughter. love, dj

• Mulan
    Mulan

My two cents: Let her visit her grandparents, but lay down the ground rules to both of them..........your daughter and your parents. And don't be surprised if someone lies to you. No matter how you feel about your parents, you MUST be present when she visits them. It's a sacrifice you have to make for her.

If the parties involved won't agree to that, then explain everything to your girl. I agree that she is old enough to hear the whole thing, but don't expect her to necessarily be able to defend herself to them, so that is why you have to be there.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Ladylee I agree with you totally. JW"s run by their own laws, they don't care if they lie to you, they feel they are justified in doing it.

Scully, yes that's a great idea by having my parents explain to my daughter, in front of us as to why they can't associate with us. I could see that as a very awkward situation for them. Dinner out with the grandparents where everyone can see that they are eating with apostates. LOL

If and when I do contact my parents, it will definitely have to be supervised at first.

We will definitely sit down and talk to her and be open. If my daughter persists on wanting to see them, I am going to have arrange something, as I do not want my daughter to resent us. It seems when you hold something back from child, they will do everything to obtain what your holding back.

thanks again everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit