Blood and Ron Rhoades

by Marvin Shilmer 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Ron Rhoades on Blood

For about 15 months I held an on-again off-again discussion with an apologist for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society named Ron Rhoades. In this discussion Rhoades goes to great lengths in his attempt to authenticate the WTS’ doctrinal position on blood. This discussion is very long and sometimes tedious at well over 50,000 words; a tough read.

A poster known as HalPal1914 at Touchstoneforum.org took it upon himself to publish select parts of this discussion without as much as consulting me for purposes of 1) permission to publish private emails and 2) authenticating the material. Making things worse from an ethical perspective was his choice to publish an [b]incomplete[/b] version of the discussion and then insinuating that this was because I objected to having private email made public when the real issue about [b]what[/b] was published had to do with my insistence that he should either publish the [b]whole[/b] thing or else [b]none[/b] of it. This bit of history is provided for the sole purpose of making known there is an incomplete version of this discussion already in circulation and who is responsible for it.

A complete version of this discussion can be downloaded from the Contributed Articles section at:

http://pathways-online.com/yabbse/index.php?op=downloads

This is a PDF document about 600 KB in size. A modest dialup connection will download it in about 1-3 minutes.

Another complete version can be viewed in HTML format at:

http://pathways-online.com/yabbse/dls/blood_rhoades-shilmer_discussion.html

If anyone wants to address details of this discussion I am happy to oblige as time permits. Though a difficult read, near the end of the discussion Rhoades offers an illustration to undermine views I expressed and thereby simplify and bolster his verbose attempted apologia. His illustration was of a contract between a tenant and a renter, a contract that prohibited the tenant from using any trees. Readers should consider the whole discussion to determine whatever merit is there, however Rhoades illustration not only accurately portrays the WTS’ doctrinal position on blood; it shows it for what it is in full color. I’ll let readers find for themselves this illustration of Rhoades’ and the question asked later that reveals how this illustration shows Rhoades’ attempted defense for what it is -- an attempt at defending the indefensible. I’ll give him credit for words though; he sure threw a lot of them around!

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Ron Rhoades on Blood

For about 15 months I held an on-again off-again discussion with an apologist for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society named Ron Rhoades. In this discussion Rhoades goes to great lengths in his attempt to authenticate the WTS’ doctrinal position on blood. This discussion is very long and sometimes tedious at well over 50,000 words; a tough read.

A kid that posts as HalPal1914 at Touchstoneforum.org took it upon himself to publish select parts of this discussion without as much as consulting me for purposes of 1) permission to publish private emails and 2) authenticating the material. Making things worse from an ethical perspective was his choice to publish an incomplete version of the discussion and then insinuating that this was because I objected to having private email made public when the real issue about what was published had to do with my insistence that he should either publish the whole thing or else none of it. This bit of history is provided for the sole purpose of making known there is an incomplete version of this discussion already in circulation and who is responsible for it.

A complete version of this discussion can be downloaded from the Contributed Articles section at:

http://pathways-online.com/yabbse/index.php?op=downloads

This is a PDF document about 600 KB in size. A modest dialup connection will download it in about 1-3 minutes.

Another complete version can be viewed in HTML format at:

http://pathways-online.com/yabbse/dls/blood_rhoades-shilmer_discussion.html

If anyone wants to address details of this discussion I am happy to oblige as time permits. Though a difficult read, near the end of the discussion Rhoades offers an illustration to undermine views I expressed and thereby simplify and bolster his verbose attempted apologia. His illustration was of a contract between a tenant and a renter, a contract that prohibited the tenant from using any trees. Readers should consider the whole discussion to determine whatever merit is there, however Rhoades illustration not only accurately portrays the WTS’ doctrinal position on blood; it shows it for what it is in full color. I’ll let readers find for themselves this illustration of Rhoades’ and the question asked later that reveals how this illustration shows Rhoades’ attempted defense for what it is -- an attempt at defending the indefensible. I’ll give him credit for words though; he sure threw a lot of them around!

Marvin Shilmer

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Marvin: Oddly enough there is a well known Christian author and critic of the Watchtower Society by the name Ron Rhoades. His works can be very useful, though his understanding of the JWs is somewhat shallow and disappointing at times. - Jim W.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Tough read alright. The post itself is a tough read. Tough as in small.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hello, Amazing

Long time no talk! We must do something about that.

I believe the Ron you allude to spells his last name as

Hello, Rocketman

I understand your pain! I’m a veteran of this forum and lately upon returning to post I found something had seriously changed with how this site’s code accepts my cut and pastes. Sorry of the inconvenience.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I am about ready to forget this blasted forum! Its dad blame text entry feature is the sorriest online!

Hello, Amazing

Long time no talk! We must do something about that.

I believe the Ron you allude to spells his last name as

Hello, Rocketman

I understand your pain! I’m a veteran of this forum and lately upon returning to post I found something had seriously changed with how this site’s code accepts my cut and pastes. Sorry of the inconvenience.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Geezuz Bwezzus! What do you have to do to get a simple sentence to APPEAR on this forum?!!! Amazing, I believe the Ron you allude to spells his last name as

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Rhodes!

Damn! That took how many posts for the text to appear?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Rhodes!

He sure does! I think unsuspecting readers should be made aware of the difference. The books written by Ron Rhodes can be very useful to sincere ones see the truth about "The Troof". In fact, right now here in Oz, his books are doing just that.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

For my friend Nicodemus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit